z

Young Writers Society

Needless Armory ~ Storybook Section

Reviews: 1
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:59 pm
STRvArmory says...

Greetings.

Call me Mory.

Though I have no plans to join any Storybook in order to focus on my personal training, I've quite enjoyed those I've read so far.
The purpose of this topic is to create a bunch of characters based on SB character templates. This works into my training, as it will serve as a way to force myself to create characters, plot points, fictional power systems and personality types based on limitations that aren't mine, which I think is a useful challenge.
I'll be sure to mention the names of the creators and add links to the SB topics should any of my character concepts generate interest towards the original product. I'll also update the concepts with new elements every time I find new things to add.
Now, then, let's get started. I'll go from Z to A. For no particular reason.
Last edited by STRvArmory on Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Greetings.

Call me Mory.

I'm working on a worldbuilding project called The Wonders of Pujil Archipelago. You can find it here: The Wonders of Pujil Archipelago

Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:49 pm
STRvArmory says...

Twin Sisters

The Twin Sisters

This Storybook has already been archived. I had been working on a character concept before that point, so it's still good training for me. On with the context.

Twin Sisters is another Storybook by Magebird. It tells the story of a world in which the supernatural is real, though not widely accepted just yet. One Supernatural Detective Agency has been formed to solve cases that the local police would never be able to fully understand — because unlike them, the members of the Agency have either supernatural abilities or are supernatural beings themselves. My next character would be yet another member of that group, resolving cases along with them.

NAN001: Livan Decker

Spoiler! :
Full Name: Livan “Ly” Decker (Livana when disguised as a woman). Those aware of his status call him Ly to avoid confusion.

Species: Bestia-type Chimera

Magic: As a Bestia-type Chimera, Livan has the ability to summon ghostly beings taken from the recently-discovered carcasses of various animals called Bestia Faes. Then, he can let them possess him for him to gain the characteristics of these animals, to the point where he can morph his human body into one complete specimen, or have a body composed of several beasts. He can stock up to thirty Bestia Faes, but can only manage to equip up to six Bestia Faes at once.

Appearance: Livan is usually seen with a distinctive female-to-androgynous appearance, sporting a platinum blond pixie cut with a sand-colored long-sleeved turtleneck that disappears inside a white waist-high short equipped with discreet buttons. Then, he wears white socks and yellow shoes with white soles. Clothing-aside, Livan’s skin possesses a peculiar tan that also makes it seem sandy, and is slightly rough to the touch. He has light brown eyes, thin lips, and has a slim outlook — as well as an average built.

Personality: Livan is a bundle of oddities and he knows it: so, to compensate for his natural ability to confuse those around him, he constantly attempts to put those he meets at ease by being as “normal” as possible. In practice, this means that Livan is very good at small talk, and allowing people to participate in small talk along with him. He’s not one to smile often, but he always makes sure that his body language and tone remain friendly.
Then, Livan feels a genuine unease with physical contact in most situations, which is why he always strives to be a bit tactile with those he’s in good terms with — it helps him practice dealing with the problem. He’ll be seen wearing gloves if he’s in a particularly vulnerable mood.
Quirks aside, Livan is a gentle being, casual and patient by nature.

Brief History: Livan comes from a series of Magical humanoid beings that developed centuries ago; when mankind first started to evolve in a variety of ways due to their increasing contact with the supernatural. He was raised alongside other Chimeras within the walls of specialized schools that allowed him to master his abilities so that he could more easily blend in within society.
Livan, unfortunately, was originally one of the tricky ones.
Having befriended a variety of Bestia Faes in his younger years, he had made the not-so-uncommon mistake of equipping more than his body could handle, which almost turned him insane. It took a few years of rehabilitation to put his body back to normal, but by then, Livan had properly learned his lesson: though he still possessed his Bestia Faes, he always made sure to remain conservative when using them.

Through his studies, Livan learned that the goal of these school-like facilities he lived in was to ultimately trivialize the knowledge of the supernatural so that society becomes increasingly ready to accept its existence without it causing too many issues for the current state of affairs. It’s partly for that reason that Livan joined an agency of supernatural detectives, learning that policemen had been working alongside them for years already so that people like Livan himself could deal with problems that many were still ill-equipped to deal with.
This allowed Livan to form growing relationships with informed people, but also to make it easier to invest himself in his job.
At first, Livan simply dedicated himself to his job as soon as a mission fell his way. Gradually, he learned to ask and answer specific questions to and from his teammates, soon becoming a soothing listener to those who needed to be heard — which was one of the main reasons why he was usually the one stuck receiving clients and talking to them extensively.

Talents: Livan usually accompanies his social moments with homemade tea, coffee, and/or biscuits, which he always makes sure to carry and share for those who want them. They have always contributed well to his success in destroying social awkwardness, so he’s steadily gotten really good at baking them over the years.

Other: •Livan is currently in an open relationship with a person whom he usually refers to as “My Atlas”. You will never learn anything about this person unless he wishes it, and especially not the fact that Atlas lives in an asylum. You may hear him speak to this person on the phone, however. If so, you are to avoid interrupting the conversation unless it is an urgent matter.

•Atlas’ main problem comes from a severe identity crisis. With Livan’s help, she found herself a semblance of identity by incorporating gothic elements to the way she dresses, as well as practicing singing.
Atlas rarely comes out of her assigned room, except for obligations, or scheduled dates with Livan during which the latter must also take care of reporting the evolution of Atlas’ behavior to the asylum in which she lives.
Last edited by STRvArmory on Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Greetings.

Call me Mory.

I'm working on a worldbuilding project called The Wonders of Pujil Archipelago. You can find it here: The Wonders of Pujil Archipelago

Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:22 pm
STRvArmory says...

The Town of Nightville

The Town of Nightville

This Storybook, by Necromancer14, has already been archived. I had been working on a character concept before that point, so it's still good training for me. On with the context.

The Town of Nightville is a story about a group of teenagers who, instead of traveling towards New York for a field trip of some kind, they are instead trapped inside of a hidden city in which mythical monsters live. Right at the center of that place exists a gigantic, high-tech laboratory used by an artificial intelligence inside a supercomputer.

I did not expect this plot to go sci-fi either.

That computer uses the lab as a base of operations to essentially enslave the monsters, and it's up to the group of teenagers to help the monsters fix the situation. Count Dracula and Baba Yada are two of the most important characters of the storybook, as one leads the monsters, and the others could teach magic to the human characters.

It's with that last part in mind that I created my next character concept. NAN003, Vanni Schawe

NAN002: Vanni Schawe

Spoiler! :
Name: Vanni Schawe

Appearance: Vanni’s mixed heritage gave him a light brown skin tone, a sharp nose, slightly pulpy lips and green eyes, as well as brown hair so dark that it almost looks black. Clothing-wise, Vanni is usually seen wearing a long-sleeved dark red shirt and small, white-colored waist bag attached around his chest. The waist bag is hidden below a mostly bi-colored hoodie — blue everywhere but on the shoulder areas, which is black-colored — with white stripes in between the blue and black. The zipper is also white, but the hood is blue and is short enough that the red sleeves from the shirt below can be seen. Then, he wears deep blue jeans and red shoes to complete the attire.

Personality: Vanni is a boy of manual labor, enjoying sports-related activities because he knows he usually excels at them; however, behind this seemingly simple exterior lies a man who plans out activities for the long-term. He’s the type who knows exactly every ingredient he should take for a self-imposed diet, and he also knows what type of results a certain type of training or habit will give him. This makes it hard for him to improvise, however, because he likes to make use of his abilities. Still, he doesn’t actually mind listening to whatever it is he’s not used to — he’ll just warn whoever he’s talking to that he’s likely to fail rather spectacularly unless he’s given the freedom to plan ahead.
Overall, Vanni can be described as a relaxed team player: however, he does think that a team is no excuse to sacrifice one’s individuality.

Backstory: Vanni comes from a mixed Ethiopian and Italian family. His parents, fervent believers of the American Dream, eventually moved to American to give better opportunities for both themselves and their child. They soon discovered that it would be much harder than they anticipated, but still managed to achieve a moderately enjoyable life as members of a middle-class lifestyle. With Vanni’s father being a musical composer sharing his compositions for various pieces of media and his mother being a teacher of the Italian language, it was easy for Vanni to cultivate an early interest in various forms of art. He was always better at sports, however, and is currently attempting to figure out how to combine that along with his heritage.

Powers/Skills: •Vanni is a skilled dancer and athletic runner, specializing in endurance. Though he still retains an average build at first glance, he’s quite physically strong. Then, he’s the kind to take his studies seriously; meaning that though he struggles with purely logical tasks, he makes up for it with cultural knowledge, and more recently, an interest in world history. From a social standpoint, life in America has taught him quite a lot about discrimination, which makes him prone to judge every angle of a problem before tackling it. This way of thinking usually allows him to both stay out of trouble, and to make sure that people around him are listened to.

•Vanni is also skilled in communication. He speaks Amharic, Italian, English, and Spanish — all four fluently, thanks to both the rigorous education given by his parents, but also because he’s been largely exposed to all four all throughout his life even long before moving to America.

Other: Vanni suffers from a recurring, hyper-realistic dream in which he is an animal and runs in a plain-like field for a purpose he can never remember. Though he’s almost certain that he appears as either a canine or a feline creature, he’s still unsure as to what makes him dream about it.
Greetings.

Call me Mory.

how can i live laugh love in these conditions
— Orion42