142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:29 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

July 26, 2020
Word Count:
Total Words: 9,056

They finish up dinner and Ruby goes to change in her room. Abby starts to snoop around the room, looking through drawers and stuff, and then she looks at the pictures on the wall. There are two movie posters, "The Breakfast Club" and "Breakfast at Tiffany's", but of course Abby has no idea what movies are so she's really confused.

And then she finds the remote and accidentally turns it on and says the line featured in this article. So she screams and Ruby comes running out of the room with her baseball bat like "WTFFF????" and then she's like "oh the tv." And that's where I left off!

142 Reviews

Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:33 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

AAAAAAAAAA, ok! Thanks to @ShapeofVoid, I have a brand new book cover for A Future Mistake! I may change the font up a little bit, but other than that, I really love how it turned out!
Spoiler! :

142 Reviews

Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:08 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

July 27, 2020
Word Count:
Total Words: 9,490

So, I said I would write more today,
Spoiler! :
I sort of wrote myself into a hole and now I'm struggling to get out of it. Well, it's more like what I'm writing right now is boring, which is fine because it's supposed to be boring-ish, but it wasn't supposed to be boring for me to write!

Basically I just typed up the first 1,500 words of the book into a Google Doc and then subtracted my original word count from my notebook from the word count in the Doc to get how many words I typed today. Also I did some more character stuff, so that's in the count to.

Hopefully I will actually write more tomorrow and finish up Chapter Five, but who knows! I may just put off the writing I have to do for a long time.

142 Reviews

Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:27 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Oof I didn't post yesterday.. Whoopsie. I didn't write yesterday either though, so I guess it's fine. I had to force myself to write today cause I really didn't want to.

July 29, 2020
Word Count:
Total Words: 9,987

Nearly at 10k! So basically Ruby and Abby start watching baseball and Abby's all confused like "what is this dumb peasant crap?" and Ruby's like "you wouldn't know you're old." And then the game ends and Ruby explains how to work a bathtub. Abby bathes and goes to bed. Ruby studies for a while but then begins to research SanFran Inventors.

142 Reviews

Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:12 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

July 30, 2020
Word Count:
Total Words: 10,299

YES! I may have not made it to 20k, but I did make it to 10k, which is pretty great! I am going to write more today, I just wanted to make sure I updated it.

I started Chapter 5 off with Ruby researching Martin Flinnbaker. Nothing pops up but a short Wikipedia page. The only useful information is that he lives in San Fransisco with his second wife, Quinn. She does some more searching and finds an article from two years prior about SanFran opening up a new 40,000 sqft office space in the 20 Times Square building. They apparently tried to keep the location a secret, but a quick search on the internet showed that 40k sqft were just purchased.. so..

And so basically the 300 words today were three paragraphs of Ruby searching, and 4+ paragraphs of the article! I also made these two things:
Spoiler! :
Abigail Strinbrall:ImageRuby Thompson (hair in a braid bun thing):Image
This is how I made them.

142 Reviews

Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:26 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Total Words: 10,299

OK, I didn't write any last night, which is sad cause it was the last day I could have, but it's alright! I had a lot of fun writing during Camp NaNo and I appreciate you guys following along with my posts!

I will update this thread occasionally, so if you don't want non-NaNo notifications, please unsubscribe from the thread!

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:56 pm
View Likes
mellifera says...

Congrats on getting to 10k! I know it wasn't quite the milestone you set, but that's still a lot of words!
I believe in a universe that doesn't care and people that do.

You and I, we are matter, and it matters.

they/them

142 Reviews

142 Reviews

Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:39 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Alright alright alright! I actually wrote something! Wow.

August 2, 2020
Word Count:
Words This Month: 624
Total Words: 10,923

Basically it was just the rest of the article and a facetime call with Ruby's family (Her parents, siblings, Dennis's parents, Dennis, and Dennis's brother). They talked about vacations and Max (Dennis's little brother) sort of rubbed it in that the Bonhams were richer than the Thompsons. And then everyone else left and now Dennis and Ruby are talking.

142 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:19 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Wow I actually wrote two consecutive days in a row.

August 3, 2020
Word Count:
Words This Month: 933
Total Words: 11,232

WOO! Over 11,000! OK, so today, I wrote Dennis and Ruby talking. And Dennis know's somethings up cause they're like, best buds. Ruby refuses to tell him anything so he just makes small talk until he can coax whatever bothering her out of her. And finally he does! He listens silently while Ruby spills the beans. I left at Dennis about to say his opinion on the matter, if it is true, because he is very skeptical.

AND ALSO! I did this. I made Ruby and Abby as Sims. Here's the photo:
Spoiler! :
Sorry for the crummy lighting :/ImageRuby (right): active, hot-headed, genius.
Abigail (left): snob, bookworm, loves outdoors.
I'll build the apartment next, for now they're just in some random building from the gallery. Maybe I'll make Dennis and Martin too, who knows! Alright, that's all from me. Have a good day everyone!

142 Reviews

Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:40 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

August 4, 2020
Word Count:
Words This Month: 1,203
Total Words: 11,502

Ending Dennis and Ruby's conversation! He's coming over early (four days), Ruby started crying, and it's just a mess. She's about to go to bed.

142 Reviews

Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:37 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

I did write today, don't worry, but I don't have time to count the words tonight. I'll edit this post in the morning with my count!

142 Reviews

Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:25 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

August 8, 2020
Word Count:
Words This Month: 1,662
Total Words: 11,961

WOO, chapter 6 is started! Basically Ruby went to bed and then woke up to Abby screaming/crying. Then she goes and attempts to comfort Abby, which sort of works (but not really) and Ruby goes to make breakfast while Abby tries to change into modern clothes.

142 Reviews

Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:15 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

August 9, 2020
Word Count:
Words This Month: 2011
Total Words: 12,310

So I'm actually sort of on track this month. Wow.

Anyways Abby changes and she is so confused about the shoes for some reason (idk man the girls never worn anything but flats and heels) and then she goes out and basically tells Ruby "these clothes are cheap get me some new ones." And Ruby stops cooking and gets her a grey sweater and pants (aka the outfit sim Abigail is wearing). Then they eat and they talk about what they're going to do today.

142 Reviews

And then, as if written by the hand of a bad novelist, an incredible thing happened.
— Bartimaeus of Uruk