z

Young Writers Society

Anti-utopia Steam-punk Romance - any chances?

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:07 pm
Draculus says...

So.
Khhmm...
I didn't know where to put this topic, so please excuse me if it's not in a right place.
Lately I've been thinking on an idea of a novel. I have got many of them, and all are different. This one is supposed to be set in a kind of post apocalyps world, in a style of antiutopia+steampunk, but the major subject is a romantic story. Pretty simple topic, though: a girl falls in love with a ruthless, cold-hearted killer boy who leads a mob of dangerous yet noble youngsters. Some plot twists and blah-blah-blah, nothing precise have been constructed, but I doubt I should keep on developing this idea and decided to ask for an advice. Maybe the YWS writers and readers will tell me if this idea would have any chances to exist and be any sort of popular on this website? Are such stories still loved by modern readers? What would be needed to make this story fascinating if I decided to write it after all? Should I start forming the story's structure? Thank you everyone who'll see this and answer. I already love you.

Sincerely yours,
Drak.

But answer me this: how can a story end happily if there is no love?
— Kate DiCamillo, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane