z

Young Writers Society

Extreme Harry Potter Word Crawls: An Adventure

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:34 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Harry accidentally says VOLDEMORT and snatchers show up to capture us! I have to write 1000 words in 20 minutes to determine our fate: 755! Not bad!
We're captured and taken to Malfoy Manor :(
(Had I written 245 more words, we still would have been captured, but I would have gotten two galleons off of them.)

We find Ollivander, Luna, Dean, Griphook, and Dobby in the basement of the cellar. Dobby helps us escape by dropping a chandelier on Bellatrix's head! But she throws a knife and fatally stabs him in the stomach. I have to write for 15 minutes while we mourn Dobby :'''''(: DONE

Now we need to break into Bellatrix's vault to get the sword of gryffindor and hufflepuff's cup. I have to roll a die and multiply by 200 words while we talk to Griphook about a plan and he agrees to help in exchange for the sword. I rolled a 6, so 1200 words: DONE

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1162 Reviews

Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:21 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

We get into Gringotts and to the vault. But oh no! everything starts multiplying when we try to grab the cup. In order to escape, I have to write 3000 words.
BUT WAIT. For every galleon I still have I can subtract 100 words (and then I lose that galleon). I have 18 galleons by last count, and I WILL FORFEIT THEM ALL - 1200 words then: DONE

Ask a Therapist!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1162 Reviews

Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:47 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

The guards try to catch us but they're no match for us as we escape on the back of a dragon! I have to do a 50-headed hydra (500 words in 5 minutes) as we fly to the edge of a lake: DONE, only 159 words (but this is such a sensitive scene I'm working on, it felt wrong to rush it and blob out words.
Had I successfully gotten 500 I would have gotten a galleon, but alas my galleon count remains at 0, meaning I can't skip any challenges!

Harry wants to go to Hogwarts to find the last horcrux. We apparate into Hogsmeade and we're immediately corned by death eaters. But never fear! A man bearing a striking resemblance to Dumbledore comes to our aid. I have to write for 30 minutes while we hear Aberforth's tale: DONE

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:15 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Aberforth opens a passageway into the castle and MY MAN NEVILLE leads us in and tells us what Hogwarts has been like this year. Oh and Aberforth kindly gives us a galleon before we go! We end up in the room of requirement and run into many old friends! I have to write 600 words while we brainstorm what Ravenclaw's item could have been: DONE

(I will be finished with this crawl by the end of the weekend, just you wait!!)

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:00 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Oops didn't write for a minute and this was over like a week but OH WELL!

Voldie knows I'm after horcruxes! He has an army of supporters and will attack at midnight. I'm supposed to write for an hour as we prepare and ya know what, I'm cashing in that galleon Aberforth so kindly gave me and I'm going to prepare without writing for an hour :p

We figure out that the lost diadem of Ravenclaw is in the room of requirement. Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle try to thwart us and when Crabbe uses cursed fire and the diadem is destroyed, I have to write 500 words as we barely escape: DONE

We have to kill Nagini! We overhear a conversation between Voldie and Snape in the shrieking shack and Voldie sets Nagini on Snape, killing him. RIP Snape. I have to write 400 words as I witness his death: DONE

Harry disappears and I have some time to take care of the dead and injured. I have to write for 20 minutes as I mourn the loss of so many friends. RIP EVERYONE </3: DONE

When we see Harry again, he's DEAD and being carried in Hagrid's arms. MY MAN NEVILLE KILLS NAGINI, and I have to write 1500 words as we battle again: DONE

Harry is alive! He faces Voldie in the Great Hall and defeats him! I have to write 250 words as we celebrate the end of the battle: DONE

Finally, I sit with my friends and write for 5 minutes because all is well: DONE

Year 7 and the finale of the crawl finished!! I'll do a recap of the whole thing tomorrow!

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:59 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

Crawl Stats:

It took me 6 1/2 months to complete the entire crawl!
Year One: 8124 words
Year Two: 9558 words
Year Three: 9387 words
Year Four: 14,016 words
Year Five: 13,425 words
Year Six: 11,514 words
Year Seven: 14,966 words!

This was across two novels.
36,781 words written for When I Was Anna, allowing me to complete the draft.
44,214 words written for my new WIP (Dark Corners, Bright Spaces).

Making my GRAND TOTAL WORDS WRITTEN throughout the entire crawl to be.....

80,990 words!!

Thanks for journeying with me <3

Ask a Therapist!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:09 pm
View Likes
SolomonGuad says...

It's fascinating to stumble upon this thread from three years ago, where you embarked on the Extreme Harry Potter Word Crawl adventure, Carlito! It's a testament to your dedication and creativity in combining your love for the Harry Potter series with your writing endeavors. Reflecting on this, I hope you had a fantastic time working through the crawl and that it provided you with inspiration and motivation for your writing projects. For anyone interested in exploring the Harry Potter series or seeking inspiration, you can check out the books in order at https://bookwormera.com/harry-potter-books-in-order/. Happy reading and writing, both then and now!

seeing this tag and going "oh what's this? :)" then getting slapped in the face with shady's good grammar is the worst thing that's ever happened to me
— SilverNight