Young Writers Society

Trans Dracula and WereSpiderBoy

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:35 pm
View Likes
ExOmelas says...

When I say fanfiction...

Basically the idea is that Dracula being trans is my new favourite headcanon.

1. He stays inside and is ostracised from society.
2. He can't look in mirrors - clearly the man is dysphoric.
3. HAVE YOU SEEN HIS AESTHETIC THE MAN IS AN EBOY HE HAS A WHOLE WARDROBE OF CAPES.

I also like spiders because people are scared of them just because they're a bit different from insects. They're like mascots for anyone who feels different, or weird. For me, they represent what it's like to be non-binary. Not quite like a thing they're often grouped with. I'm a non-binary transmasc person, so it's like insects are the gender binary and spiders are me.

Werespiderboy because gothic setting lol. He cannot control when he turns into a very small spider so he is constantly v scare and in constant danger of squish.

The two meet, become friends, and when the virus~plague~ hits, go on a quest to find testosterone stock! It is a journey of danger, codependent friendship, and self-discovery.

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

760 Reviews

Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:41 pm
View Likes
ExOmelas says...

The Beginning

I originally had two different competing ways that TD (Trans Dracula) and WSB (Werespiderboy) could have met:

TD is walking around at night. High suspense moment. Old man because he hasn't fed in a while. T is like feeding but MUCH MUCH BETTER. Meets werespider who has just come back to. Feels the overwhelming urge to feed but finds himself going to a box at his foot. It contains the T shot. Asks WSB what it is, WSB explains, Dracula pleads to have it. WSB says this is for himself but that TD clearly needs it more. Gives it to WSB. Goes back to get another dose for himself and will be back to check on TD.
....OR
....WSB runs a delivery service for lots of people because when he becomes a spider he keeps all his possessions on him. Dracula's human trans correspondant tells that she's heard of WSB and that TD might want to make WSB's acquaintance. Like a gothic queer charities network.

I have now figured out how to combine them!

The first opening happens where he comes across WSB like i said, but then WSB tells him that he's like an underground courier for queer folk, because items disappear into his form when he goes spider, meaning he can sneak places. So Dracula's like yo dude pls put me on your list i can pay you handsomely. And then WSB's like sure i'll get you on my next round. And then Dracula has to endure the wait for hrt lol.

William Shakespeare

Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

760 Reviews

Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:42 pm
View Likes
ExOmelas says...

Notes from a WFP

Biscuits: i think he's going to idolise werespiderboy
21:48Biscuits: because werespiderboy is going to seem to have his shit together
Biscuits: and he's had so little contact in centuries that he's just excited to make a friend
21:49Biscuits: but werespiderboy is constantly anxious because he never knows when he's going to turn into a spider
21:49Biscuits: and sometimes he really just cannot be dealing with Dracula's shit
21:49Biscuits: but then maybe that's not making Dracula cool enough
21:49Biscuits: generally Dracula is pretty cool
Biscuits: like with self-worth and stuff

sonder: what kind of spider does he turn into? like a regular one or a monstrously large one?
21:50BluesClues: protect the soft spider boy
21:50Biscuits: *smiles* okey i'm getting v excite
21:50BluesClues: omg!!!!!!!!
21:50Biscuits: hmmmmmmm idk what size
21:50BluesClues: CUTE SOFT BOY WHO TURNS INTO TINY SPIDER AND NEEDS TO RIDE AROUND ON FRIENDS SHOULDER
21:50Biscuits: maybe tiny and that's why he's so anxious?
21:50sonder: YES!!!
21:50BluesClues: CONSTANTLY IN DANGER OF SQUISH
21:50BluesClues: MUST BE PROTECT
21:51Biscuits: because he could get squished at ANY MOMENT YES
21:51BluesClues: oh my god yes go for the tiny spider pleeeeeeeeease
21:51Biscuits: EXACTLY YES OMG

sonder: bc dracula loves him bc of the t-shots and spider boy needs drac bc he can be tiny at any time
21:51sonder: (and also friendship) (or LOVE)
21:52Biscuits: omg this is why you brainstorm with other people ahhhhhhh
21:52Biscuits: i am so happy and excited right now
21:52Biscuits: YES MAYBE LOVE MAYBE
21:52Biscuits: but definitely not healthy
21:52Biscuits: at least at first
21:52sonder: yesss

William Shakespeare

Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

760 Reviews

Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:06 pm
View Likes
ExOmelas says...

A Mock-up of a Cover with very much a Working Title

William Shakespeare

Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

760 Reviews

Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:24 pm
View Likes
ExOmelas says...

The Rest of the Plot

Spoiler! :
Where is the HRT? England was where he travelled to in the original, right? But why would there be HRT in England? Presumably it's running out everywhere. Some sort of alternate dimension.
The correspondent is actually a wizard and knows of a way to planeshift to the steampunk world that it all comes from anyway, which WSB knows. They reckon TD is probably immune on account of not breathing in the first place but they're less sure about WSB. So they have to stay away from other people on their quest.
They get to the steampunk world. TBH IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW THEY GET THERE BUT THEY DO.
They meet all kinds of people and get the HRT.
One of them wants to go back (WSB) and one of them wants to stay (TD). FRIENDSHIP FALLOUT.
TD needs WSB because it's the first time he's felt valid and doesn't want to go back to the shame and monotony of his former life. WSB needs TD because he's felt so secure having TD there to protect him.
Wizard is a female trans human.

William Shakespeare

Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

760 Reviews

Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:56 pm
View Likes
ExOmelas says...

Characters

NaNo Questionnaire
Spoiler! :
1. Name:
2. Age:
3. Height:
4. Eye color:
5. Physical appearance:
6. Strange or unique physical attributes:
7. Favorite clothing style/outfit:
8. Where do they live? What is it like there?
9. Defining gestures/movements (i.e., curling their lip when they speak, always keeping their eyes on the ground, etc.):
10. Things about their appearance they would most like to change:
11. Speaking style (fast, talkative, monotone, etc.): He would like more defined cheekbones, a deeper and richer voice that doesn't hurt to do, broader shoulders
12. Pet peeves: Female pronouns, people's eyes dropping when they see him
13. Fondest memory: With parents. Dad teaching how to forage for food in the forest.
14. Hobbies/interests: Reading, learning English and other languages, clay sculpting
15. Special skills/abilities: Good at violin
16. Insecurities: Extremely low self-esteem, desperate for validation
17. Quirks/eccentricities:
18. Temperament (easy-going, easily angered, etc.):
19. Negative traits:
20. Things that upset them:
21. Things that embarrass them:
22. This character is highly opinionated about:
23. Any phobias?
24. Things that make them happy:
25. Family (describe):
26. Deepest, darkest secret:
27. Reason they kept this secret for so long:
28. Other people's opinions of this character (What do people like about this character? What do they dislike about this character?):
29. Favorite bands/songs/type of music:
30. Favorite movies:
31. Favorite TV shows:
32. Favorite books:
33. Favorite foods:
34. Favorite sports/sports teams:
35. Political views:
36. Religion/philosophy of life:
37. Physical health:
38. Dream vacation:
39. Description of their home:
40. Description of where they sleep:
41. Any pets?
42. Best thing that has ever happened to this character:
43. Worst thing that has ever happened to this character:
44. Superstitions:
45. Three words to describe this character:
46. If a song played every time this character walked into the room, what song would it be?

Dracula
Spoiler! :
6. Strange or unique physical attributes: Very pale, thin arms, often wears lots of layers, large chest, oddly undefined features (oh hey look a dysphoria trigger), hips, just a bit gangly
7. Favorite clothing style/outfit: CAPE. And also soft green velvet waistcoat, thick white shirt, well ironed black trousers, pointy black shoes
8. Where do they live? What is it like there? - Big castle. Lots of stairs that go up and down and around. Up on a hill, far away from town but can see it spread out below. TRANSylvania.
9. Defining gestures/movements (i.e., curling their lip when they speak, always keeping their eyes on the ground, etc.): Standing kind of stiffly, arms move around very distinct in the air.

Dracula is has a slight undertone of anger in his daily life. He's annoyed at the monotony of everything, at dysphoria. He has specific taste about books and music and food. He desperately wants to make a friend and doesn't realise how desperate this need is because it's been so long since he was even aware of the hole in his life. He feels a lot of guilt about giving in to his urges, especially when nothing ever makes him feel better. He feels very self-conscious about how scared people are of him. His immortality still doesn't make any sense to him. He doesn't like to think about it.

Friedrich
Spoiler! :
Friedrich enjoys the freedom of not really living in any one specific place, is terrified of most things, very jumpy, kinda surprisingly funny, takes a while to trust but when opens up likes to hug his friends. He grew up in a slum, where his parents did their best to take care of him. But he eventually had to try and find work and the turning into a spider became harder and harder to hide. His anxiety got worse and he found it hard to hold down a job. He found himself in an underground queer club, where he made the acquaintance of some other community workers. This is how he got the idea to be a courier.

Miss Valerie Clarke
Spoiler! :
Valerie Clarke is a sort of mother figure for queer kids all over the continent. She has built a network of letter writing and couriers. Dracula found her address in an article in the periodicals about scandal in England. He looked her up for a while, then began writing to her. She is motivated by feeling like she wasted the first forty years of her life and wants to make up time as vigorously as she can. She likes waking up in the morning so she can pick out an outfit, and enjoys when society is shocked by her. She didn't always, but she's met so many people like her that she feels validated by their shock now.

William Shakespeare

Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

Overripe sushi, The master Is full of regret.
— Buson