z

Young Writers Society

Untitled Story

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:38 am
sylrie says...

This story is one that has been in the back of my mind for a while. Essentially, it involves three types of people;

The Ka: Individuals who are capable of entering the Dream Space. This space can only be entered while sleeping, and looks like a vast expanse of space that varies in color depending upon the individual. One thing always remains constant; around them are sparks of light, the majority of which are white. Other Ka appear more radiant and yellow, the Akh appear blue, and the Ba appear entirely spherical and green. Ka can enter these sparks of light, and upon doing do, enter a new space. This is a dream of an individual, and in it, the Ka have full control over their own being. They can create anything they are capable of understanding; for example, if they know all the inner workings of a gun, they can make it. If they cannot, or fail to keep the concentration necessary, then it will not remain or fail to work. The individual whose dream has been invaded automatically starts having a semi-lucid dream, and are incapable of creating objects. However, the place the dream occurs in is often one they are fairly familiar with, and feel safe in, and they can use the objects around them as protection. Injuries sustained in the dream are sustained in real life as pain, but not physically. Dying in the dream will indeed induce real life death. This also applies to the Ka invading.

The Akh: The Akh is only capable of working in tandem with a Ka. While the Ka is sleeping, the Akh can maintain physical physical contact with them to join them as an unobtrusive observer. They cannot produce anything, or affect their surroundings in any way, but are still useful for watching the back of the Ka. They also serve as witness should a mission go wrong.

The Ba: The only individuals with an effective defense against Ka. They enter a fully lucid dream upon an invasion of their conscious, and are fully capable of altering themselves and the world around them.

I don't know where to take this plot.
Lost, not aimless. I know where I need to go, I just...don't know how to get there yet.
(they/them)

You are not the voice in your mind, but the one who is aware of it.
— Eckhart Tolle