Joshua & Micah

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:55 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Joshua & Micah

A story about family, standing up for your loved ones and the powers outside of our control.

Spoiler! :
Disclaimer: Though this story is tagged as religious, it's not exactly a story about embracing religion. It's a story about gods, and a little bit about Christianity, so it felt like the most accurate first genre description to pick. But there's a lot more than just Christianity involved, so be prepared for all sorts of religions and magic to come out of the woodwork during the course of the story.

Joshua is blessed. Everywhere he goes, people love him. They shower him with gifts, welcome him into their homes, and practically worship the ground that he walks on. No one knows why they do it - they just feel an undeniable devotion towards him.

Micah is cursed. People fear and hate him for his appearance: for his horns, his tail, his unnerving red eyes and pointed ears. Some are too scared to even interact with him, while others have absolutely no qualms with chasing him out of their villages - sometimes even with violence.

A meeting between the two should have ended in chaos and conflict, but their first meeting ends in a way that could never be anticipated: Joshua befriends Micah, and decides that he'll become his protector. With the most blessed person in the world at his side, no harm could ever befall Micah.

But humans aren't the only things in the world to worry about, and many people want to get their hands on Micah. Perhaps the most determined of all is the king of below, who sees himself in the person that Micah is slowly but steadily becoming. With witches and death at his disposal, it's only a matter of time before he finds him.

With an entire world against them, the only people that Micah and Joshua can rely on are each other. But can either one of them resist the temptations of the king and his loyal subordinates?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:06 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The Cast

TBA
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:06 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The Setting

TBA
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:07 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Other Assorted Notes

TBA
mage

queer and here.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:06 am
View Likes
queenofscience says...

Is this story on YWS?
I am the science and science fiction guru.

The mind is beautiful, yet brilliant. You can think, create, and imagine so many things.

Eugenics= scientific racism.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:43 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

It's not! It's a story idea I tossed around for awhile, but never ended up writing more than a chapter or two of.
mage

queer and here.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:59 am
View Likes
queenofscience says...

Your story sounds neat! What problems are you having with it?

You put down that it was religous (I think).... um....are they Jewish?
I am the science and science fiction guru.

The mind is beautiful, yet brilliant. You can think, create, and imagine so many things.

Eugenics= scientific racism.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:11 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Thanks! The story sounds neat when I think about it, but I haven't wanted to write some of the beginning.

(I like writing chronologically, so that's something that's hard for me to get around.)

And I did! They're not Jewish. Micah's probably a little more Christian than Joshua, but Joshua's not religious at all.
mage

queer and here.

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:06 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

This really is an interesting idea Jay. ^^ Maybe you could try to add a bit more to the plot at the beginning if that's the portion you haven't enjoyed, or write it in a round-about way, such as Joshua and Micah meeting for the first time, with flashbacks to their backstories throughout?

Is there a certain part you didn't have fun writing? <.<
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:06 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

It was the first meeting, actually! I guess it just wasn't the best starting point. Once I get a little more into my current project (The Giving Curse), I might try this one again from later on in their story - and have their meeting be a flashback?
mage

queer and here.

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:09 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

Ooh, that could really work! You could certainly have their friendship/meeting already be established in the plot, then be able to point back at it/flashback to it later. Good luck! You always get neat ideas for novels XD
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
— Albus Dumbledore