z

Young Writers Society

lms v: part-time human

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:09 am
View Likes
Corvid says...

The story/poetry is about an angel sent to Earth to protect a monster hunter who falls in love with a different monster hunter and begins to struggle with morality and emotions. it's very character-centric.

I will try and update this section later.
Last edited by Corvid on Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"yeet"
- albert einstein

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:53 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

This sounds great!! Tag me and I will try my best to read :D
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:55 am
View Likes
Corvid says...

Plot#1:
- The angel's name is Mortimer. He's 6'3, with wavy brown hair that reaches his shoulders, and a pair of blazing/glowing, perceptive eyes. He is usually seen with sunglasses on. Perceptive, good with emotions that aren’t his; he's hopelessly in love with a man named Kyle but is unaccustomed to the feeling.
- He was not sent to protect Kyle, but Anaïs, a hotheaded monster-hunter. Mortimer and Anaïs get along fairly well. They're buds, and they're fiercely protective of each other. Kyle and Anaïs are friends too. They have a different dynamic.
- Themes and characters are based loosely off of my friends' and I's Monster of the Week campaign. They know I'm writing their characters, and they're fine with it. (I would like to show them this once it's finished, so comments regarding possible edits would be much appreciated)
- Plot deviates from the Monster of the Week campaign but has some similarities.
- Chapters will likely alternate between time periods: before/during and after the prophecy. I'll try and indicate this.
- The universe is magic realism, in modern-day. Humans are generally unaware of the supernatural, so most of the supernatural creatures keep their forms and abilities hidden to avoid capture and experimentation. This is why Mortimer wears his sunglasses.
- Mortimer gives off a faint glow, and radiates about as much light as a candle.
"yeet"
- albert einstein

A Prince of Darkness Is a Gentleman
— William Shakespeare