z

Young Writers Society

I Always Make a Big Deal Out of Nothing

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:32 am
ShadowPrincess16 says...

Hey all!
It feels like it's been forever since I've posted on here so hey again. I've recently started a new project and it's going really well so far. I've always been obsessed with Paranormal Romance as a genre and writing my own book in the genre is really exciting. I wake up every day excited to write which is something that hasn't happened in a long time and I'm enjoying that part more than I can say.

On the other hand, I do have a slight issue. I will post the summary below this, as I always do, in case you're interested. My problem (more of a conundrum) is relatively small but my brain likes to make a big deal out of small issues. Like I said, there's a more in depth version of the summary below but basically this book is about the reincarnations of Bonnie and Clyde. (Yeah, the famous American outlaws.) They're reincarnated and they have to find each other and right their past wrongs. Belle and Clinton (Bonnie and Clyde) remember their past lives through dreams. My problem is that I'm unsure if I should have them remember the dreams fully or just fragments of the dreams.

See? This obviously isn't a huge deal at the moment but my brain will not let me rest until I decide and I'm not sure which one is most thrilling. Help?

Shadow

"Bonnie Elizabeth Parker and Clyde Champion Barrow died in a blaze of bullets in an ambush on May 23, 1934. After death, they’re given a choice between Hell and being given a second chance. Eighty years later their souls are reborn and that second chance begins.

On October 1, 1993, Belle Quinn is born to her parents and three older brothers. She knows nothing of her past life until the day she turns 21. That night she dreams of a dusty road and the face of a man who fills her with warmth.

Clinton Alex Brook is born March 24, 1993. His mother dies not long after his youngest brother’s birth, leaving his father to raise him and his three brothers alone. On the night of Bonnie’s 21st birthday, Clinton too dreams of that dusty rural road on which he once died. He dreams also of the woman who stood at his side, her smile and unwavering loyalty to him filling him with sorrow and love."
“wanting what you could not have led to misery and madness”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Prince

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:26 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Hey there! I feel like fragmented dreams are the way to go, because...

- fragmented dreams means no long dream sequences/flashbacks, which many agents, editors, and readers roll their eyes at
- fragmented dreams means more mystery/suspense/intrigue as the characters try to figure out what's happening/what the dreams mean

So that's what I'd suggest! What do you think?

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:49 am
ShadowPrincess16 says...

That does help! I actually have decided to go that route at least until I enter the beta reader phase.

Thank you!
“wanting what you could not have led to misery and madness”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Prince

The heavens laugh with you in your jubilee; my heart is at your festival.
— William Shakespeare