z

Young Writers Society

Queer as in F*** You: a zine

32 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 32
Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:41 am
atlast says...

@LordStar If we're submitting something, what's the latest you'll accept the submission? (Just planning ahead lol)

edit: I can't english
atlast

previously AtlasWut

my pms are always open <3

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:27 am
FruityBickel says...

@Godhatesshane, probably like the end of July? I want to get it published no later than August but I still have to buy the software and do some logistics stuff so I'll keep submission time open until July 31.

32 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:06 pm
atlast says...

Awesome, thanks.
atlast

previously AtlasWut

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:42 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

I know you've probably already decide on Queer As In F You officially (since, you know, Twitter and whatnot), but I just wanted to say that I love that! I actually very recently read an article by a friend of mine with the same title, and it was all about the academic meaning of the word "queer" and how it's not a catch-all for LGBT+ people but for people who are specifically redefining society simply by the way they live and present themselves - basically, "queer," in academic circles, is basically a big "F you" to society.

Also, re: concerns about the f-word turning off some readers - I'm guessing most people who are interested in a queer punk zine are probably okay with swearwords, especially if they're familiar with the quote that inspired the title. I also think this title, more than any other suggested, really says "this is a queer punk zine" and gives people a clear idea of what they're looking at before they dive in - which is really what a good title should do, especially for a magazine or journal.

32 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:15 am
View Likes
atlast says...

@BlueAfrica re: the f-word in the title
I've come to that conclusion as well; just thought I'd point it out. :)
atlast

previously AtlasWut

134 Reviews

Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:22 pm
View Likes
FruityBickel says...

Everything You Need to Know about Queer as in F*** You

(for official purposes)

Queer as in F*** You is an alternative compzine that's going to be published both physically and digitally every month. It focuses on all things punk, queer, feminist, social justice, and experimental. It takes both art and writing submissions, including poetry, photography, short essays, articles, serialized novels and short stories, collages, drawings, and paintings, just to name a few.

The physical copies will be available for sale online and distributed for free at local stores and coffee shops. The digital version will be available for free online, with donations encouraged.

All funds raised from donations and sales goes back into the zine and covers things like software, printing, travel, etc.

Submissions can be sent to queerasineffyou.zine@gmail.com..

Follow us on twitter and tumblr and keep your eyes peeled for the official website, coming soon!

134 Reviews

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:58 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Pssst just an fyi I left you a note that said [you can change this if it's not right] under "Publication" and it still says that under how to contribute! So you might wanna delete that. BUT!!! Otherwise the website is so clean and beautiful???!!!???

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:38 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I just looked at some of the website, and it really does look beautiful! I'm incredibly impressed by how much work you've already put into it, even though I've mostly been watching from afar up until now.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

134 Reviews

A memorandum isn't written to inform the receiver, but to protect the writer.
— Dean Acheson