590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:16 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The Giving Curse

A Somewhat Retelling of Beauty and the Beast

Once upon a time, I decided to try retelling the story of Beauty and the Beast in a high fantasy setting. I don't fully remember the reason - it was probably because I had just read a modern retelling of the same story, and I wanted to try my hand at it. Though the original intention was for it to just be Beauty and the Beast with a few twists, it's evolved into something a little more.

Now to get into the story of Beauty and the Beast.

This time with assassins, dragons, and a sentient suit of armor.

Last edited by Mageheart on Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:27 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The Story

In a faraway kingdom of Laetae, an assassin has run rampant. The masses know the mysterious figure as Ruma Glider. His real name, however, is not known. Many have theories, but many also do not care. Only the King Drenar and his subordinates do, as Ruma specifically targets royalty and those in power. But Ruma's story isn't as clear cut as it seems - Ruma is actually a woman, and her goal is to someday gain revenge by killing King Drenar.

But after a botched assassin attempt on the king's life, Ruma finds herself in a mysterious, magical castle known as the Castle of Blood. And the castle is not alone - it's inhabited by a strange humanoid dragon named Nex and a sentient armor named Aska. And neither one of them are the monsters that they should be; Nex gladly welcomes her into his home, and Aska always shows her kindness.

Ruma, however, is not the only one with secrets. A year before Ruma's failed assassination attempt, Prince Nendros Exel Xenon of Laetae was presumably killed by a dragon. But the dragon didn't kill him - she kidnapped him and brought him to the Castle of Blood, turning him into the dragon-human hybrid he now is. And though he knows it's dangerous and forbidden, he finds himself falling more and more in love with the assassin that has fallen into his life.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:28 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The Characters
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:13 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Bumping this thread now that I'm writing it again!
mage

queer and here.

I like anchovies~ but nobody calls me that.
— alliyah