Young Writers Society

Compromised Loyalties - An EW Novella!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu May 30, 2019 2:41 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Hello! Welcome to my WC thread for the Summer Novella Challenge. Hope you enjoy my ramblings on this project! And, without further ado, here you go!

Compromised Loyalties
An Equivalent Worlds Novella.

Plot: When Avi'dusa's husband dies, he's implicated in the death and he has to use the cover of a diplomatic mission to another star system as an excuse to escape the planet in his personal space craft. With him is Jacek, his personal assistant and bodyguard, and several other Baqirans, posing as both assistants, handmaids and guards. He arrives in another star system and is immediately boarded by a strange team of humans from a human-Baqiran hybrid craft. But these strange humans can't save them, not when Avi and his people are being hunted for a crime he did not commit.

Chapter List

Coming Soon

Last edited by ScarlettFire on Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 30, 2019 2:44 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

The Cover

Spoiler! :

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 30, 2019 2:47 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Character List

Spoiler! :
- M/I - Avi'dusa ca Baqiras - 941, appears late 20s - Alien (Baqiran) - widow of the Baqiran King.
- M/I - Jacek vys Kunal - 172, appears mid-20s - Alien (Baqiran) - Assistant and Bodyguad to Avi.
- M - Arden Halvar - ancient, appears late 20s, early 30s - Potentially Alien - from Earth - skilled fighter, pilot and a retired spy turned space pirate/scavenger.
- F - Lark - ancient, appears late 20s - Potentially Alien - skilled fighter and pilot, later an enemy of Arden's.
- F - Adi (Adina) - A/U, appears 20s - alien-ish? - painting model; skilled spy and fighter.
- M - Pallav - ancient, appears late 30s - potentially alien - Arden's friend - skilled engineer.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 30, 2019 2:51 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Meet The Characters

Avi'dusa ca Baqiras

Spoiler! :

Story Role: Main Character.

-----

Physical Description: Baqiran (Avi is pale-skinned and white-haired, androgynous in appearance, always wearing an elaborately designed full-face mask in public, and has silvery-blue coloured eyes, but this is not the usual look for their species; it's as varied as humanity). Baqirans as a species have the ability to "bond" with another, sometimes having multiple beings bonded to them at a time. They also have an ability to sense emotions, much like Eilraen, but they are also be able to mess with another's emotional state. Most Baqirans try not to do this as they see it as an invasion of privacy.

Personality: Calm, polite, seems to be very sad and distracted but not in a negative way. Really just very, very sad. When their emotions are more stable/normal, Avi tends to be a lovely person to speak and interact with, with a charming smile and way of speaking, and a love for life. They are usually happy and often seen smiling, and have a curiousity that is rarely satisfied with simple or short answers. Avi has a passion for the arts (music, painting, etc) and is an excellent dancer.

Habits/Mannerisms: Soft spoken, often seems sad.

-----

Background: Avi grew up on Baqir, and was regarded as a rarity. They trained at the Temple of the Mother to become the perfect partner for the nobility, as well as having extensive training in politics and diplomacy, among other studies. Avi was recently widowed during some political upheaval on their home world and has had to leave to keep his life under the cover of a diplomatic mission. They were previously married to a member of Baqiran nobility and have several children. Avi, while technically on a diplomatic mission as a diplomatic ambassador from Baqir, is mostly off-plant as an escape from the politics of Baqir (and their squabbling over leadership). They merely wish for some peace and quiet, but with a gaggle of other Baqirans (most of which who do not share their distinct characteristics or similar opinions) that does not seem like a possibility.

Internal Conflicts: Grief for the loss of his husband, and guilt for leaving their people when he could have stayed and helped. Fear for his own life, of being followed and taken back to be married--and more--to the new king against his will.

External Conflicts: The threat of being hunted for a crime he didn't commit.

-----

Notes: My name is Avi'dusa ca Baqiras, and I am 941 years of age.
I am Intersex/Agender/Androgynous.
I am from the Alpha Centauri Dimension, and of Planet Baqir.
My marital status is widowed.
My attribute description and/or photo ID is as follows.
- Orientation: Avi is pansexual and polyamorous, meaning they do not mind who they are attracted to, regardless of gender, and are known to have multiple partners.

Jacek vys Kunal

Spoiler! :

Story Role: Supporting Character.

-----

Physical Description: Baqiran (Jacek is pale-skinned and pink-haired, androgynous in appearance, always wearing a black, laser-cut metal half-face mask in public, and has pink-violet coloured eyes). Baqirans as a species have the ability to "bond" with another, sometimes having multiple beings bonded to them at a time. They also have an ability to sense emotions, much like Eilraen, but they are also be able to mess with another's emotional state. Most Baqirans try not to do this as they see it as an invasion of privacy.

Personality: Jacek is like a calm pond; still on the surface, but teeming with life below. He's passionate and friendly, often smiles but takes his job seriously (which he absolutely loves) and is very loyal to and protective of Avi. May have a crush on the older Baqiran but we don't talk about that...

Habits/Mannerisms:

-----

Background: Jacek was recruited at a young age to become Avi's bodyguard and assistant. He spent about four decades training in various Baqiran fighting technics, as well as with various weapons, before being gifted to Avi and Avi's husband as guard and assistant. He has been with Avi for over a century, and is loyal to the other Baqiran. Jacek is accompanying Avi'dusa on their diplomatic mission, and is acting as Avi's Personal Assistant (and bodyguard) while off-planet. Since the passing of Avi's husband, he is stepping in more and more frequently to do Avi's job.

Internal Conflicts: Loyalty to Avi vs Loyalty to the Throne.

External Conflicts: Being hunted by their own people for Avi's supposed crimes.

-----

Notes:My name is Jacek vys Kunal, and I am 172 years of age.
I am Intersex/Agender/Androgynous.
I am from the Alpha Centauri Dimension, and of Planet Baqir.
My marital status is single.
My attribute description and/or photo ID is as follows.
- Orientation: Like most Baqirans, Jacek is pansexual and polyamorous, meaning they do not mind who they are attracted to, regardless of gender, and are known to have multiple partners.

Arden Halvar

Spoiler! :

Story Role: Main Character.
Occupation: Retired spy turned space pirate-slash-scavenger; captain of the Valkaire.

-----

Physical Description: Arden is a tall, well-built human-looking man with dark hair and pretty grey eyes. His got lightly tanned skin and usually wears all black. He eyes may shift towards red when he's angry or stressed, or hungry. A member of an alien race called the Valkai they are a rare, dying race of immortal-esque creatures that generally look human unless pushed to reveal a more beastial nature.

Personality:

Habits/Mannerisms:

-----

Background:

Internal Conflicts:

External Conflicts:

-----

Notes:

Lark

Spoiler! :

Occupation: Skilled fighter and pilot, a member of Arden's pirate-scavenger team.

-----

Physical Description: She's a pretty dark-skinned woman with eerie amethyst eyes, long black hair braided thinly and piled up on her head. She's of average build, sleek and built for speed rather than brute force, and is often seen wearing mismatched black and amethyst coloured clothing.

Personality:

Habits/Mannerisms:

-----

Background:

Internal Conflicts:

External Conflicts:

-----

Notes:

Adina "Adi"

Spoiler! :

Story Role: Supporting character

-----

Physical Description: Average human-looking female-esque with pale lavender-blue skin and long dark purple-black hair, and dark grey eyes.

Personality:

Habits/Mannerisms:

-----

Background:

Internal Conflicts:

External Conflicts:

-----

Notes:

Pallav

Spoiler! :

-----

Physical Description:

Personality:

Habits/Mannerisms:

-----

Background:

Internal Conflicts:

External Conflicts:

-----

Notes:

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 30, 2019 2:53 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Worldbuilding

Spoiler! :
Coming Soon

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:44 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Plotting & Notes

Spoiler! :
Coming soon

“Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?”
— L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables