z

Young Writers Society

What would a villan want with a shrink/growth ray?

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:17 pm
queenofscience says...

Some things have changed with my story about Phe.

Some of you *might* remember my character Phe. Phe, my birdgirl was has a very rare GI probleam. I'v decided on her superpower...to turn into a giant white blood cell. She gets enlarged with PREFORM

My villain, Phe's doctor, wants to turn her into a bioweapon...but WHY (It is revelid that Phe's doctor is a Neo-Nazi.)

I have a few ideas in my head...

I was maby thinking she wants PREFORM and sells it to some evil person, but, besides warfare, why would somone want a shrink/growth ray?

I am also wanting to tie in theams of issues that disabled people face....

Ideas...

If anyone wants to help me plot, your welcome to it!
Last edited by queenofscience on Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am the science and science fiction guru.

The mind is beautiful, yet brilliant. You can think, create, and imagine so many things.

Eugenics= scientific racism.

46 Reviews

Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:58 pm
queenofscience says...

I was wanting to take my story in a less seriouse dirrecton and not go with a historic theam. Kind of a superhero theam. However, I want to deal with topics relating to disabily.

The mind is beautiful, yet brilliant. You can think, create, and imagine so many things.

46 Reviews

Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:15 pm
queenofscience says...

I am terribal at explaing....sorry.

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:37 am
View Likes
zaminami says...

(In Captain Underpants, there's a really good example. Honestly, it's probably the best way an author has ever used a shrink/growth ray.)
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

46 Reviews

Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:47 am
queenofscience says...

I will have to look it up. :)

What is the title of the book?

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:06 pm
Tenyo says...

How about genetic modification, or modifying diseases and stuff? Maybe there is some benefit to being able to enlarge the individual cells in order to modify them before shrinking again.

Money could also be a thing. Like, making diamonds larger before selling them illegally, except after a certain amount of time they shrink back to normal size.

Casual amusement would also work well with your theme. Someone who simply enjoys causing chaos by making tiny things really, really big. There are all kinds of hilarious scenarios the could come up with.
We were born to be amazing.

46 Reviews

Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:12 pm
queenofscience says...

Thanks. I'll have to think on this.

46 Reviews

Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:57 pm
queenofscience says...

I'm struggling with somthing...

One of my characters is Willow, a visualy impaired teenager who wants to use PREFORM (my shrink/grow ray) to assist in her being a veterinarian in the future.

At the end of my first book, she capturs Willow and wants her to make a "new" breed of insects that can help plants to grow. (Phe's doctor is a Neo-Nazi. Her plan is make crops larger, and to
use them to feed all the "healthy people.")

My probleam...Willow wants to be a vet. She's not a scientist, although she loves science.

How can I make this work?

There are those who say that life is like a book, with chapters for each event in your life and a limited number of pages on which you can spend your time. But I prefer to think that a book is like a life, particularly a good one, which is well to worth staying up all night to finish.
— Lemony Snicket