z

Young Writers Society

The 5

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:21 pm
View Likes
ellasnotebook says...

Ok!!! This is kind of an idea pitch but also once I gather my thoughts about this project I'm going to use this to work on it. So anyways here's my idea:

A sibling team of superheroes has to figure out how to acclimate to society after saving the world. They get hired as workers at a grocery store. Romance and drama ensue, especially with the growing public realization that heroes could potentially become a hazard to regular civilians.

I'm not entirely sure what the plot is going to look like from here, but here's what I do know for right now. (This could change):

-Stephen is the oldest sibling. He falls in love with....
-Miranda!, the daughter of the owner of the grocery store.
-this show will be a musical
-there's going to be a "narrator" side character that doesn't really matter that much but I'm very on board with him
-maybe some kind of plot with the youngest sibling and the "evil villain"? i'm not sure
-it's gonna be pretty cheesy and kind of a twist off of superhero stories

I have like half of a song written? so that's fun. but anyways if anyone has any ideas or thinks this is even a good idea? let me know!!! I might post some more soon as I start fleshing out this idea

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:40 am
View Likes
fishsashimi says...

duuude that sounds cheesy as heck so do it
wheeee~

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:42 pm
View Likes
ellasnotebook says...

A Tentative Family Tree

Velma: Oldest and the leader, but mostly in the background. She has the ability to read minds. Velma is sly, put together, and is quite good at working behind the scenes while letting Stephen be "the leader". She plays quite a big role in the family. Probably only a year or two older than Stephen, and is probably a new adult. (She's also probably the most ready to move on with normal life without powers)

Stephen: The second oldest sibling, and the most enthusiastic of the family crime fighters. His claim to fame is his super strength. Although he seems like a very cheesy stereotype of the superhero strongman, he's actually a big softie. I'd say he's about one or two years younger than Velma, maybe 17-19.

Beckett: Middle child, twins with Ryland. Beckett has the ability of "super smarts" (I don't know what to call this oops). He's pretty cynical and witty, and provides the comic relief. He has a lot of banter with Velma, who is much more serious but can still match his wit and sense of humor. He's about squarely in his teenaged years.

Ryland: Twins with Beckett. Has the ability of prophecy and communication with the dead. He's pretty quiet and mature, definitely not like his brother. Because their powers contrast in ideas so much, they seem like an unlikely pair, but they're still quite close.

Edie: The youngest child. She has the ability of healing, although there's a limit to what she can do. A bit of a firecracker, Edie is a natural showman and enjoys attention. She's clever for her age. She's about 12-ish--somewhere in that awkward age.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you, and smile."
— Anne Frank