z

Young Writers Society

Good Book Idea or Cheesy?

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:08 pm
ThePenultimateGinger says...

Where: London, 1888, an alternative steampunk universe.
Who: Doctor Elius Dubois, a woman detective gone undercover in a man's world, an immigrant from France to England.
Summary: Attendees to multiple funerals are shocked when the bodies in the caskets are not the deceased-in-question. Who are they? Why are they there? And where are the real unfortunate souls? Dr Elius Owens, a woman, living as a man, finds herself(himself?) pulled from her(his?) medical career to investigate the strange post-mortum disappearances.

i dunno guys
“I really think that everyone should have watercolors, magnetic poetry, and a harmonica.”
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

460 Reviews

Reviews: 460
Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:59 pm
Horisun says...

Sounds interesting. If you feel passionate about it, write away!
She/Her

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:34 am
Wolfi says...

I like the sound of that! Go for it.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:00 pm
niteowl says...

Sounds really interesting. I vote go for it.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:44 pm
raccoonking says...

i am writing a book and i need someone to read it to judge it

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:39 pm
niteowl says...

Hi @raccoonking! I'm glad you could join us and I'd be happy to help you figure out how to post your work and get the reviews you're looking for. This forum is more for writing about ideas, not posting the finished product or asking for reviews.

To publish works, click on the "Publishing Center" on the top bar and follow the instructions. We don't really post entire works all at once, so you'd be more successful posting chapters of your book. You need points to post works, which you earn by reviewing other people's work. FAQ for New Users may also help you with any questions you have.

Once you've posted, you can check out viewforum.php?f=188 to request reviews. There people offering reviews start threads about what they want to review, and you can request reviews.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or any other moderator (green and red names). Happy YWS-ing! :D
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:51 pm
queenofscience says...

I don't think this idea sounds cheezy. I think it sounds quiet interesting. It cought my attenton. :)
I am the science and science fiction guru.

The mind is beautiful, yet brilliant. You can think, create, and imagine so many things.

Eugenics= scientific racism.

It's like being in love, discovering your best friend.
— Elizabeth Wein, Code Name Verity