z

Young Writers Society

Where do you go to get inspired for novel ideas?

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:42 pm
Horisun says...

Inspiration can come from anywhere, but, a least for me, some areas are more inspiring then others. Am I just crazy, or do other people have places like that?
She/Her

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:49 pm
View Likes
Horisun says...

I have three places I get about 80% of my inspiration.

1. In class. Mainly because when it gets really boring, my mind wanders, and ideas start flowing.
2. When I'm with my friends. I sometimes imagine us on this weird and wild adventure. And I use plot points from those daydreams in my current novel.
3. My room. I'll lay down on my carpet when I'm bored, and I'm so bored that I need to think of something so I won't go insane, and when I get back up and have ideas. This works because my rooms so far from the living room, it's quiet enough for me to think.
She/Her

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:49 am
Omni says...

Ooh, I love this!

-For me, I love just diving into other people's worlds. I've been in a bit of a slump lately writing-wise (leave it to finals to do that to ya) and to help get me out of that slump and start writing again for my abandoned LMS project and my storybooks, I started reading @soundofmind's SB The Outlands. Just seeing a new world and new characters sparks my creative juices.

-I have been taking a lot of walks lately to just get out more often and get more active. I love walking downtown at night and seeing all of the lights and beauty in my town.

-I'm not sure if this counts, but sometimes when I'm writing if I'm in a slump, I just switch my perspective. If I'm writing in my bed, I go sit in my chair, or move my chair next to my bed, or sit on the floor, or move to a different room. I've rearranged my room before for that sole reason. Some of the weirder places I've gone to was under my bed, into my closet, sitting on my dresser, and sitting on my kitchen counter. I've also gone outside, which can be peaceful or so sudden of a change that it sparks something.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:02 am
Fantascifi66 says...

From the world around me. I've based nearly all the things I've written in my life on the world around me, and putting fantasy into it. For example, a random person that walks by can be a secret agent, going to their base with has a secret entrance on the side of your house. I LOVE WRITING!!!!!!
Free reviews by Fanta! [Accepting!]

The simple truth is that authors like making people squirm. If this weren't the case, all novels would be filled completely with cute bunnies having birthday parties.

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:01 pm
Tenyo says...

My best ideas usually come from thinking about things I really, really want, and finding the most imaginative way to achieve them, usually in some kind of fantasy-based metaphor. They're the projects I'm most likely to see through because I know they're about something I actually care about.
We were born to be amazing.

A Prince of Darkness Is a Gentleman
— William Shakespeare