z

Young Writers Society

Fantasy of sci-fi?

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:24 am
Horisun says...

Which do you perfer? Why? Or do you not have a prefrance?
She/Her

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:25 am
Horisun says...

I love fantasy, I just love the idea of wizards, mermaids, and dragons. I use it as an escape from the real world.
She/Her

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:37 am
FireSpyGirl says...

I also love Fantasy for practically the same reasons.
"Those moments when your in so deep, it feels easier to just swim down"

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:35 pm
Zolen says...

I almost always merge the two
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:44 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

My love of fantasy and science-fiction is...weird, to say the least. I'm definitely more of a fantasy writer and reader, but there's just something about translating it to the big screen that makes it hard for it to click. I'm not sure what that is. Maybe the format of a TV series doesn't really allow for the worldbuilding that I love? The only media that seems to subvert this is anime, which oddly does a great job at introducing the viewer to the magic of the worlds the stories are set in.

And while I don't read or write a lot of science-fiction, some of my favorite shows have been sci-fi ones. My childhood was built on Star Trek, and my recent TV love is the many different Stargate series.

Of course, it's always fun seeing the two combined. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:30 pm
Fantascifi66 says...

As you can see by my username, I love both combined. So I don't really have a preference. But I do like Star Wars really much. Fantasy is everything. You can do literally ANYTHING with the fantasy genre.
But sci-fi and fantasy combined is just AWESOME!
Free reviews by Fanta! [Accepting!]

The simple truth is that authors like making people squirm. If this weren't the case, all novels would be filled completely with cute bunnies having birthday parties.

i like that the title of dr jekyll and mr hyde makes a clear stance that the embodiment of one’s own evil doesn’t get a claim to the doctorate
— waywardxwallflower