z

Young Writers Society

Skinweaver LMS Novel Discussion Thread

Reviews: 2
Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:12 am
Scrivener says...

Hey All,

This is going to be where I post updates every week for my LMS challenge. Furthermore, there is a link below that will allow you to check out the Google Doc I'm using to track everything I'm planning. For now, I'll leave you with this Jonathan Swift quote, which is the kind of rumination on truth and lies that I hope to achieve with this nascent story. Cheers! :D

-Scrivener

Reference Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10m9l62EzngSWMyUQIk8eqbBToqkhP214W7PwkkyvixM/edit?usp=sharing

“Few lies carry the inventor's mark, and the most prostitute enemy to truth may spread a thousand, without being known for the author: besides, as the vilest writer hath his readers, so the greatest liar hath his believers: and it often happens, that if a lie be believed only for an hour, it hath done its work, and there is no farther occasion for it. Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.”
― Jonathan Swift

Reviews: 2
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:12 am
Scrivener says...

And now that I have rushed out my first offering, and am feeling very harried in the process, here's the relevant list of links for those, which I will update as needed.

Prologue
Prologue Part 1

True belonging doesn’t require you to change who you are, it requires you to be who you are.
— Brené Brown