z

Young Writers Society

Calling all Beta-Readers

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:16 pm
View Likes
Pentavalence says...

Disclaimer: I didn't quite know how to catalogue this, so if it violates any forum rules please let me know.

Hello!

I’m looking for beta readers for my novel, To Bet Your Life. It’s a YA fantasy novel centered around a world where you can literally bet your life. (Hence the title.)

Here’s a quick summary–

Evin is orphaned. Sorren wishes he was. Pyrra is running away. Lye is stuck in one place. And yet somehow, they all end up at the Scarlet Helix House of Games. Each of them bet their lives in a game, but they didn’t count on the rules being changed. Now they’re trapped in an enormous underground arena, forced to face their fears— literally— while a vengeful audience watches. But is something more sinister going on? How did people with such different pasts find themselves tangled up in each other’s future?

Someone has been watching them from afar. Someone knows the thing that will destroy each of them. Someone has plans for them. Can Evin, Sorren, Pyrra and Lye figure out who and why before they reach checkmate?

Sound interesting? More information in the link.

https://ava-burton-writing.tumblr.com/post/166578642932/calling-all-beta-readers
________________________________________________________________________________
Formerly penandswords

"Not being heard is no reason for silence" -Victor Hugo

45 Reviews

Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:22 pm
Pentavalence says...

*boost*

*sigh*
________________________________________________________________________________
Formerly penandswords

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:35 am
Brigadier says...

I've been flipping over the information, and even though I haven't done this for a very long time, it does look interesting. If you do need someone for this, I am here. I'll try and get things together enough to send you the form.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:25 am
wordwing says...

Souns interesting. I just have one question. What's wlw romance?

45 Reviews

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:02 pm
Pentavalence says...

wordwing wrote:Souns interesting. I just have one question. What's wlw romance?

thank you! wlw refers to "women loving women". In this case it's a bisexual girl and a lesbian girl.
Formerly penandswords

45 Reviews

Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:04 pm
Pentavalence says...

Boost
Formerly penandswords

But even the worst decisions we make don't necessarily remove us from the circle of humanity.
— Wes Moore, The Other Wes Moore