z

Young Writers Society

I have to change my OC's name

What name is the best?

Luna Moon
3%
November Moon (i'm a little hesitant to name her after a month)
No votes
Nova Moon
7%
Neora Moon
No votes
Willa Moon (a secret fav of mine?)
10%
Aura Moon
3%
Neoma Moon
3%
Juniper Moon (her original name)
52%
Elora Moon
21%

Total votes : 29

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:35 pm
View Likes
Charm says...

Okay so my character has been called Juno Moon for years now, and I'm very sad to say that I need to change her name. Why you ask? It's because Juno Moon's name is too similar to the DC book character June Moone. Way too similar.

284 Reviews

Reviews: 284
Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:03 pm
RubyRed says...

I don't know why, but I got stuck on Elora Moon and Juniper Moon. Elora sounds more feminine while Juniper sounds more mysterious to me, but both really work. Juniper fits her personality a lot, however, that's just my opinion.
You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote

Review link below!
Ruby's Reviews

Knight of the Green Room

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:07 pm
Brigadier says...

A quick opinion on what stuck out most to me.

-Luna Moon
Do you really want your main character to basically be named Moon Moon? All parts of comedic value aside, having another Moon Moon could make it go downhill so fast.
That answer above wasn't very serious but I felt like saying it. If you want to stick to the nice and simple short names, this one is good. It's close to Juno even in sound but I just keep thinking of HP.

-November Moon
Depends on how you would write the character to fit around the name. If they're going to have a nickname anyways to avoid the embarrassment or for another reason, the full length name doesn't really matter that much.

-Junioer Moon
Sounds closest to the cutrwnt name while still hanging on to the charm that comes with it. I like this one best out of all of them but I personally don't know the story that the name would be matching up with.

Maybe I'll make it back eventually to comment on the rest of them. And it might not be entirely necessary to change the name unless you've grown to dislike it or fear confusion from people reading and thinking along the lines of "fan fic".

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:23 pm
Lumi says...

Of these, the only two that are phonetically pleasing are November and Juniper.

Juniper Symbolism via Wikipedia b/c lazy boils down to succor and respite.

November is represented by the Topaz and Chrysanthemum, which branches into Topaz = Friendship; Chrysanthemum = different things depending on where you are in the world, most often adversity a la Europe.

My personal input is that you are the writer, creator, owner, and if it hurts you to change her name/Juno is a nickname for Juniper, I would go that road.

My second note is that doing a month for a name seems closer to replicating June Moone than Juno does. Just my opinion.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

277 Reviews

Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:36 pm
Charm says...

i think it's quite obvious which name people think is the best xD Juniper it is. it's funny because that was the first name for that character. i just worry because even Juniper Moon sounds similar to June Moone.

277 Reviews

Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:28 am
View Likes
Charm says...

OKAY SOOOOO ACTUALLY

I decided to ditch Moon and to just keep the name Juno because I can't let go of that name. There is no better first name for her. So the character will just be called Juno Blackwood. No middle name.

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.
— Samuel Butler