z

Young Writers Society

Will people think that i'm writing a satir?

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:59 pm
queenofscience says...

Hey, I have a queston that has been bothing me.
It deal's with my story.

Well....do you think that people will think that i'm 'writing' a satir/making fun of/being disrepectice about the topic of The Holocaust?

In my story I want my vellen to 'collect/grow' (put it on a auger plate in an incubater) the mutated bacteria in Phe's intestens and use this to exacute people. (She has intentons of doing so, but very little killing is done in my story.)

In the utopean world of my story "poisonous gas'" as in to exacute someone, dosn't exsist. It only exsisted when the Nazi's came up with it.

Background: Story takes place in a utopean America (Houston,TX) in 1982 (alternet history.) I have some sci-fic tecnolgy (nanotech, a device called PREFORM, a medical technolgy alters sizes of cells,body tissue ect. Self driving vehicles ect). In my word I have humans, a humanoid/bird speices and a squirrel/cat speices. In my world I have 'medical superpowers' basicaly, fantastical things that could happen to the body, that are 'attached' to medical conditions.

My story tackals issues dealing with disabilits and illness. I'm protraying illness in a sympathetic and realistic way despite having a fantastical elements.

My main character is Phe, a kind-hearted, sweet, humanoid bird-girl. She is Christen, so is her mother. Her father is from Africa, but is Jewish. Phe has a rare digestive tract illness. She has various symtoms. In my story, Phe's doctor collecs a sample of her mutated gut bacteria, and grows it in a petri dish, in an incubator. The mutated bacteria poduce a toxic (instanly fatle if inhaled) sweet smelling gas.

Phe is Austrian. Her doctor is America.

In the world of my story, i'm protraying Nazism as a political affiliation, and nothing but. ANYONE could be a Nazi if they wanted too. Phe's doctor is a Neo-Nazi.

In the world of my story, the ''War/The Holocaust" was towards the disabled/ill. It still happened in the 40's. The Holocaust, in my world, was never a racal one. It was over health.

When Phe/my other disabled hero's learn about The Holocaust they are all very upset by it. Phe is upset the most, partly because she's European and partaly because she's such a kind character, she and that she she could never 'imagin' anything like that that ever happing.

Do you think that my readers will think that I am making fun of The Holocaust?

I'm really concerened about this. I don't want readers to think that i'm writing a satire ect.

Spoiler! :
I also have giant monstars in my world, like mucus, blood, and giant cell monstars.
I am the science and science fiction guru.

The mind is beautiful, yet brilliant. You can think, create, and imagine so many things.

Eugenics= scientific racism.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:51 am
queenofscience says...

My story is hard sci-fic.

And no, I, as the author, coun't/wouldn't ever intend to write somthing like this, as in a satire dealing with this.
I am the science and science fiction guru.

The mind is beautiful, yet brilliant. You can think, create, and imagine so many things.

Eugenics= scientific racism.

Reviews: 2
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:37 pm
View Likes
everonlyaudaciously says...

I, personally, don't think rewriting such a fiscal point in history would be the greatest idea. Don't refer to what you're describing as The Holocaust, or as WWII, I think it would come off as being written in bad taste.

However, this being a piece of fiction, I think so long as you don't refer to the genocide that occurs over Health, as The Holocaust itself, you should be okay. Come up with a different name for it, make it something entirely different and that will prevent any bad blood. It needs to be fiction, not a rewriting of the truth.

Millions died during The Holocaust, it would be unfair to their memory to write it in any way that isn't the actual truth.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:47 pm
View Likes
CarryOnMrCaulfield says...

If you do it respectfully and very, very carefully, it could be done. But, as Everon said, you should base it on the concept of genocide in general rather than one isolated event. Genocide is a plot device that fits in well with the sci-fi genre.

The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you're made of, not the circumstances.
— Unknown