z

Young Writers Society

Beta Readers?

Reviews: 2
Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:36 pm
everonlyaudaciously says...

I've been searching all over this forum, and was reminded by a post here in the Writer's Corner, of Beta Readers. I found a review forum, where you can apply to have your stories read, but that's not exactly what I'm looking for. In the FanFiction world, and most writing communities, you can Beta Read for others, is there a place in this forum like that? All I want, and a huge reason why I joined this forum, is to find someone I can send my writings too, who can give me feedback, etc, outside of the forum walls.

Help?

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:51 pm
Lumos says...

Hi everonlyaudaciously, I'm not sure if there's a place to advertise for beta readers. But, I would be interested in Beta reading if you're looking for betas :) I do work full-time, but I could read a chapter a week or something like that.

What kind of stuff do you write? Perhaps you could send me the first chapter to see if it's something I would be interested in?

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:41 pm
Virgil says...

Hi there everonlyaudaciously. We actually have a subforum called Novel Workshop where you're able to look for beta and test readers to answer your question!

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:52 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Echoing @Kays, Novel Workshop is the place to pick up Beta Readers. Alternatively you could start a club for your writings, and pick up loyal followers there--and from there ask for those who would be interested in dedicating their free time to assisting you in Beta.

My personal suggestion is to gain a following on YWS and ask in Novel Workshop. Cover all ground if you'd like! :)
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

Reviews: 2
Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:00 pm
everonlyaudaciously says...

Lumos wrote:What kind of stuff do you write? Perhaps you could send me the first chapter to see if it's something I would be interested in?

I wrote short stories actually. No novel in the works just yet. And the stories range from realistic fiction to fantasy fiction. I'm just revamping a bunch of old pieces and want to give them an outside look before submitting them anywhere for publishing, which is why I'm aiming to do this outside of YWS.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:56 pm
Lefty says...

Hey, everonlyaudaciously. You might want to check out the Publishing Center. You can put your work up on the site, then anyone who wants to can review it (basically beta read). When you first post it, it will show up in the Green Room, so people know it's a new work that needs to be reviewed. After it's up, you can also go to the "Will Review For Food" forum and request a review or two. All of that is a great way to get feedback, and if you're looking for a specific kind of feedback, just mention it at the top of your story.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:23 pm
Lumos says...

everonlyaudaciously wrote:
Lumos wrote:What kind of stuff do you write? Perhaps you could send me the first chapter to see if it's something I would be interested in?

I wrote short stories actually. No novel in the works just yet. And the stories range from realistic fiction to fantasy fiction. I'm just revamping a bunch of old pieces and want to give them an outside look before submitting them anywhere for publishing, which is why I'm aiming to do this outside of YWS.

I understand! I enjoy reading and writing short stories, so this sounds great! I enjoy reading/writing pretty much whatever genre, but tend to lean towards fantasy the most. If you would like to have me as a beta reader, I am still interested!
Last edited by Lumos on Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:52 pm
Samk642 says...

Im always willing to help!!!

"In my contact with people I find that, as a rule, it is only the little, narrow people who live for themselves, who never read good books, who do not travel, who never open up their souls in a way to permit them to come into contact with other souls -- with the great outside world."
— Booker T. Washington, Up From Slavery