z

Young Writers Society

Kill him now or later?

Kill him now or later?

NOW! The murderer deserves to die! How dare he even be seen at the funeral of the boy he murdered?!
35%
Kill him later... it's not like he's going anywhere.
65%

Total votes : 23

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:57 am
Wolfi says...

Woooahhh! That is beautiful, @Snoink! That skill is a gift. :o
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:35 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Thanks! ^^ I always did like cursive!

Though, because everything is handwritten, that means that I can't post any chapters on YWS yet. XD
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

284 Reviews

Reviews: 284
Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:30 pm
RubyRed says...

I think if I were a part of the mob I'd kill him later because if he were killed right then and there, to me, that would be wrong. Since it's the kids funeral it'd just be inhuman to shed more blood in that way.

True Christians wouldn't murder someone, even if they did kill someone else and use magic. it's no an eye for an eye anymore folks! forgiveness.

But I also agree with fortis here

I also think he should hide because I'd think there would be people in the mob that would definitely want to kill him then and there. However, that's just my opinion. Good luck! C:
You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote

Review link below!
Ruby's Reviews

Knight of the Green Room

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:18 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

As for the "true Christians" thing... If we were all perfect, true Christians all the time, there would be no point to church, to the Bible, etc. These things teach us our wrongdoings and teach us our repentance. Without wrongdoing, there is no need for repentance.

My point being, people try to be good. People try really hard. But just because they go to church doesn't mean they're perfect, and if they have been hunting for Will, it's not unlikely that someone would stop the funeral service and demand justice for the death (in the form of a mob lynching).

All in all, I think it comes down to what you feel is more natural for the situation. No matter what you do, someone will disagree with you, so write what comes and you can always edit it later.
stay off the faerie paths

I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right.
— Markus Zusak, The Book Thief