z

Young Writers Society

Main Cell

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:58 pm
Holysocks says...

This was fun doing when I started out doing LMS, with a different project, so I thought I'd do one independently now.

Sort of the reason why I decided to do this was because I feel like screaming off the rooftops that Leo and Phia, my two main charries, finally got to the point where Leo is teaching Phia to fly! They both have wings, but it's not common for someone with wings to know how to fly. So. Yeah.

Chapters posted:

Main Cell (Part 1)
Main Cell (Part 2)
Last edited by Holysocks on Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
100% autistic

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:05 pm
View Likes
Virgil says...

Oh? Perhaps give a little summary of the novel so I can totally follow along with this and see what's happening with your story?

I have questions. What are these wings for if not for flying? o: Why is flying uncommon?

Going to lurk around here because I love hearing people scream about writing. Also note that if you're wanting to keep this more in secret with the questions I asked, that's totally okay. I'm just here to listen to the joys and pains of writing this novel o' yours.

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

494 Reviews

Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:03 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Yesh! I'm thinking I should do a summery.

Summery:

(though keep in mind I don't know everything about everything yet, either, so this might have a lot of 'errr, what?' moments! xD)

Phia's dad is dead, but she has no time to grieve if she wants their family business to stay afloat doing odd-jobs for questionable folks.

Phia lives in a world where there are winged creatures, such as cats, and also humans. It's not common to have wings, and because babies with wings are born to wingless parents, it's even rarer for a winged human to learn how to fly well, if at all. Phia was one of those babies. But while on an odd-job, Phia discovers a man who knows how to fly, who is willing to teach her, but he's on the run from some shadier folks who he's ticked-off.

(kinda ended up more like a crappy synopsis rather than a summery, but ohwell)

I'm not entirely sure why flying is wings are uncommon, but because wings are uncommon, flying is uncommon amongst those that fly. It's not an easy thing to learn if you don't have people to teach you- it's not like walking. Supposedly.

Currently Leo is actually staying at Phia's because of the whole "ticked the wrong people off" thing. Phia's a real "I hate everything but secretly I'm lonely so I don't mind" kind of gal (very loosely based off of one of my life-long friends). Phia's trying to keep secret that her father's dead because she thinks that she'll lose jobs if people find out.

I'm not entirely sure what the "shady jobs" are. I've toyed with lots of stuff like assassinations, corrupt funeral home shenanigans, drugs... but I'm not really sure what to settle on. I really want/need to make it more of the story because it's taking a back-burner right now, but I haven't decided. There's a GIGANTIC plot whole surrounding the occupation with my original idea which was that... somehow people would assassinate people and then send the families to Phia's family funeral home. ACTUALLY I just realised, if it's the family that's wanting people assassinated, this COULD work because then they would be able to refer people to that funeral home. O: ERIKA!! Which, it would make sense if they had a funeral home on board anyway, because then... they could bury people without folks realising someone was in fact murdered.

Anyway, @Nikayla, I'm really excited that you're interested in reading some of this stuff, 'cause I thought I'd honestly be talking to myself here. XP
100% autistic

494 Reviews

Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:09 pm
Holysocks says...

Also if anyone has any title recommendations, I am not satisfied with "Main Cell" at all. To me it sounds supperrrr boring. I keep trying to think of something better but I haven't been able to come up with much. There's an old jail in the story that's like a sort of base, but that's the only reason for it being called "Main Cell".
100% autistic

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:10 pm
View Likes
Virgil says...

WINGED CATS.

This seems like my kind of story. Let me know if you end up posting this on the site, because I'd totally be up to following this. c:

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

494 Reviews

Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:59 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

14(+)k into the first draft, which is pretty good for me, considering I don't normally get passed chapter three of a first draft. I'm just starting chapter 7! Or part 7, as that's what I've been labelling them.

Right now there's a ton of messy stuff, but that's I guess reflective of a first draft. There's a lot of times where I think I contradict myself in the story, which hopefully I'll be able to catch in future drafts, but jeebers.

Also right now I'm NOT entirely sure what to do or where to go with the story. I mean, I know where I'm going, sort of, but it's hard to think of events to go in between times to build up to it. And on the other hand, when I do come up with stuff to happen, it kinda just feels like I'm shoving a bunch of irreverent nonsense into it. But the way I'm trying to view it is, if I don't need it I can always remove it! AND at the same time I think it's just me thinking it's got a lot of weird events.

There's also a LOT of ties that I know I need to keep running and eventually tie up, but in this draft I've left a LOT of them a little in the dust, and I'm not sure if all of them are salvageable. I might try to save some of them and TRY to re-work it back into the story, or just wait and re-evaluate what I need in there come next draft.
100% autistic

494 Reviews

Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:48 am
Holysocks says...

I took a brief break from MC one evening to write this story! I'm totally happy with it, but I want to see if I can use this idea more, 'cause I really want to play around with the concept.
100% autistic

494 Reviews

Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:38 pm
Holysocks says...

Just posted!!! Main Cell (Part 2)
100% autistic

If you have a Kuzco in your life and they don't turn into a llama, bail.
— Alan SeaWright