z

Young Writers Society

Seeking: Partnership

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:36 am
Sassafras says...

Wondering if anyone would be interested in a sort of partnership.

We're in the beginning of all that NaNoWriMo entails, and while this is a great community of people that offers up lots of support and help, I've been wanting something more personal.

Basically, I'm looking for somebody who's willing to get to know my world and offer advice and support while I do the same for them. Someone to show snippets and consult on sentence arrangement, word choice, etc.

So basically my English teacher from High School xD

Now, I'm not that far into writing on my story, so it may be easier if someone who was also just starting out would be open to something like this. But I'm up for anything.

Also, of course, it would be a conversation before turning into any like serious thing. I'm just throwing a line out ^^
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:31 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

I'm full up on partners right now, but I do have some suggestions for getting one!

Reviewing+ following up with your reviewers helps a decent amount. I've gotten some really good partnerships out of this, even if they have mostly been temporary for me. Others have found very long lasting partnerships via this method.

Basically, respond to reviewers and see who seems to click with you. Check out their stories if they interest you. See if they respond to you reviewing them. While the partnerships I have don't rely on reviewing, all of them are reviewers who I've talked to after the fact.

Answering Writers Corner threads is also useful. You can see the projects out there already and if one interests you, offer to follow it! Especially since we have so many project threads from LMS going on right now.

Start your own project thread and post on it+ chapters of your own novel, then start talking to the reviewers you get. You can also use Will Review for Food or the Trade Post to find reviewers you're particularly interested in, and request from them directly.

Storybooking is a way I've gotten to know a lot of people, but it tends to be the "I really love how our characters interact, can we RP more?" variety. It turns into talking, which turns into talking about projects, which turns into at least a sounding board. But at the very least, it's a fun exercise.

I've never actually actively looked for partners. I've always kinda just fallen into them by being active on YWS, and not expecting anything. Temporary or long term is just a happy accident.

Hope this helps!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:14 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Hey. c: I've been craving something like this for awhile, too.

My current WIP is maybe... 7k words at the moment, but it's not ready for sharing quite yet anyway. I'm doing Camp NaNo so it'll need a bunch of TLC before I start sharing buuuuut I still really want to do something like this, very soon? Especially if you may perhaps be willing to be sort of accountability partners as well, perhaps?

I guess get back to me if you're interested. ^_^
100% autistic

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:17 pm
View Likes
Audy says...

Hit me up @Sassafras ! I am always game for brainstorming and all that technical stuff.

Whoops. Holy beat me c: but what-evs! *posts anyway*

Reviews: 0
Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:41 pm
View Likes
CharismaticBear says...

I would love to participate, if you'll have me. I haven't written much yet,(like one page) but I'd still love to collaborate. PM me if you want to talk about it.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:20 am
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Thank you for the responses, guys!

I'm down for being a partner to all three of you! If it sounds good as well, we could make a club out of this for an easy way to communicate with each other.

But I do most of my writing on google docs so could we have meet-ups there?

Also I'm so pumped to hear what your novels are about!

I'll PM all of you ^^ And would love to hear your thoughts

494 Reviews

Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am
Holysocks says...

I kinda like the club idea- but not necessarily YWS club, I mean the group kinda idea! C: might be fun. Though I feel it needs to stay fairly small to be the right kind of snuggly. Yes, that's the right terminology, for sure.
100% autistic

161 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:45 am
Sassafras says...

Where do you do the majority of your writing? Are you on google docs? It would be easier to collab there and share information.

494 Reviews

Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:33 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Yus! I primarily use google docs, so I'd be down for that sometime. Sadly I'm not going to be around tonight/tomorrow buuuut yeah.
100% autistic

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:23 pm
View Likes
Audy says...

Googledocs sounds swell for me! A small group would be fun ^^

161 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:15 am
Sassafras says...

Sweet. I made a new document. Here's the link.

while she was studying the ways of pasta he was studying the ways of the sword
— soundofmind