z

Young Writers Society

In which the MC's stab a sword through someone's head.

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:05 am
View Likes
Redbox275 says...

I have another television screenplay idea that may or may not be written.

It's about two characters named Airiel and Damion who are creatures called Ethers. And Ethers are spirits that resemble humans and live in a spirit world or maybe part of the after world. I am leaning more toward the former. Then there are Deths that are like demons, evil spirits. Honestly, I choose these names out of a generator and all names are subject to change.

Ethers I would describe may resemble humans, and they're lives are similar in that they are flawed and they have families and they live and die, but they're lives are longer. Where they live on the spirit world is nicer than Earth too.

Plot: Airiel and Damion are Ethers whose jobs are to destroy Deths that like to feed into vulnerable humans and enhance human's flaws. Deths "possess" humans and eat up their misery thus humans become more miserable or biter or angry.

Airiel and Damion destroy Ethers by going into the minds of humans by stabbing a sword into person's the head in order to go into their minds find and kill the Deths.

The show would be this mix of action fantasy with drama. Half of them would focus on them finding and fighting the Deth in the mind. The inside and setting of the mind is like being in a dream. There are landscapes of symbolic and yet random objects of their fears, ideas, and their current situations. They also could stumble upon memories. Then the other half is about the waking life of the person as the person who is "possessed" goes on with their lives and what caused them to be so miserable. The human trying to fight against their inner demons or the external obstacles and after they defeat the Deth, the victim slowly returning to normal and making better choices.

Also Damion's and Airiel's fighting in the mind world will affect how the character thinks and acts. For example, if the one of the Ethers uses an object from a memory to fight against the Deth then the memory will come to the character's mind and might affect how they act on a situation. Damion and Airiel use object used in the mind world for weapons tooo.

I have been struggling with this idea. I don't know if it will work. There is the clash with the drama with the fantasy that mat be jarring, and i don't know what kind of message I'm sending that people act horrible because they have these evil spirits in them.

Also I did want to develop Damion and Airiel. Fighting Deth thing is a career path and the top notch fight the strongest Deth or the Deth that affect major figures such as a president or a high moral figure.

This plays into how Airiel and Damion are in the lowest rank because they fight for people who aren't as influential in the society such a teenagers, the elderly, maybe homeless. Middle to low class people.

Damion is the determined, sarcastious, and ambitious trainer who wants to climb the ranks so he can either be on the same level as his family because his family might be high ranked Deth fighter except him.

Airiel on the other hand is the playful, curious, and cheerful rookie who wants to fight Deth because she loves action and finds humans interesting, so creeping in their minds would be a blast for her.

What do you think? Any additional ideas? Could this work as a episodic television show? Is it possible to balance the drama with the supernatural action? I want this to be a Deth of a week kind of show. There will be development between Airiel and Damion and hopefully continuity but I also personally like a show that follows a formula such as mystery shows with a murder of the week.

To clarify the subject and the beginning of the story, it begins with the two main leads coming into someone's.bedroom at night and taking a sword and stab the person in the head head while they sleep because
Last edited by Redbox275 on Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:03 am
Sassafras says...

Hey, Redbox!

I'm really interested to see how this would work out. Specifically, how the world inside the mind would be presented and how the characters interact with it.

I can see how balancing the drama of the human life versus the action of the mind would be hard. If the drama can not match the action, the drama becomes a burden to the story. It's the same vice-vera.

I'm thinking you could find a balance through these by watching some Supernatural, Doctor Who, or even Firefly. I haven't really watched these shows myself, but they have a formula that works that you could study.

All in all, it sounds intriguing. I'm also interested in how this could help people struggling with mental illness or someone going through hard times. The key in that is not exploiting whatever difficult situations you're going to be showing, and also making your target audience clear.

And, I'm sorry, but what exactly is a "murder of the week" theme? Is it like Black Mirror, where there are unrelated stories in long episodes? How are you planning on working continuity into that?

Aaaand lastly,

they fight for people who aren't ass influential

Oh! Also, your last sentence got cut off ^^
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:31 pm
View Likes
Redbox275 says...

Ha ha, yeah, that is what I get for not proofreading.

To answer your question on how to add continuity in a episodic formatted show. I meant that let's say that a Airiel mentions that she is afraid of human clowns in one episode. In another episode Damion might tease her about it in another episode or the possessed may not each other and the events of a previious could affect that life of that character.

Anyway thank you for the feedback! I hope this idea is a winner.

"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."
— We Bought A Zoo