z

Young Writers Society

what point of view would you want to see in my book series?

which do you prefer?

first person (Sailor)
25%
third-person (Sailor)
13%
third-person (shifting between characters. Sailor, Caspian, Nerissa, etc. like in Throne of Glass)
63%

Total votes : 8

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:03 am
View Likes
Charm says...

I'm asking myself loads of questions as I'm outlining this book series. It will definitely be the biggest writing project I will have done yet. Just the idea of writing three books in the same world, same plot, and story is terrifying but so exciting. I'm really intrigued by this story and I haven't read anything like it (well of course it has some similarities but still xD).

Here's the one-sentence plot and in the spoiler is the full plot (if you want to read it and don't want to be spoiled I recommend not opening the spoiler):

Sixteen-year-old human girl meets a young merman and discovers an entire civilization under the sea with a war against spreading evil or "black water".
Spoiler! :
In Book One (Black Water), we read about the sixteen-year-old demi-mermaid discovering an entire civilization (Atlantis) under the sea after encountering a merman prince. Not only does she fall in love with the prince when she knows she shouldn't, she discovers that the mer people are endangered by a spreading evil called "black water". Unable to be return to the land (WHY), the demi-mermaid struggles to find her place in the twisted mer court (there's a ball). Ends with her discovering the prophecy.

What point of view would you prefer to see?
Last edited by Charm on Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:38 am
BluesClues says...

If you like Sailor/Marina, I prefer Sailor.

Although I think Moira is the least obvious name (unless you're familiar with Gaelic baby names) ignoring the fact that I have a character named Moira so I might be biased

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:50 am
KaiTheGreater says...

Names with secret foreign meanings are cool! (Except I first read it as Moria=LotR)
Formerly DragonLily and RoseAndThorn

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:56 am
Virgil says...

I'm with @BlueAfrica with this one in that both Sailor/Marina are my favorites out of the bunch.

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:18 am
ChieTheWriter says...

edit
Last edited by ChieTheWriter on Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

277 Reviews

Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:33 am
Charm says...

okay so for the main character I'm going to go with Marina. I'll change the poll in a minute to the next character if you guys want to help me by voting again (for a different character).

i'm not making a new thread because it's unnecessary and probably annoys people. i have so many poll threads >.<

198 Reviews

Reviews: 198

277 Reviews

Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:55 am
Charm says...

I'm a bit bummed out because I like the name Marina for the mc but I also like the name Marius for the prince. I don't love or hate any of these to be honest. Maybe that's because I haven't fully decided on the prince's personality and stuff.

277 Reviews

Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:30 am
Charm says...

Okay so Marina for the mc, Caspian for the prince. I don't need help with any of the other names so yeah. c: thanks for the help!

277 Reviews

Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:59 am
Charm says...

I actually decided to go with Sailor (but I might change it back to Marina later idk ahahahha).

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:15 am
BluesClues says...

In which case you could tooooootally go with Marius for the mermaid prince.

Although I was going to say "I love Caspian, but Narnia" except then I remembered Marius is in Les Mis, so whatever.

277 Reviews

Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:59 pm
Charm says...

I actually like Caspian after outlining the character it seems to fit him better.

284 Reviews

Reviews: 284
Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:12 pm
RubyRed says...

I mean I like Caspian but it makes me think of Narnia so Aegaeus and Cephas

And Marina is a reminder from like the Zigg and Sharko series.... So maybe go with Maria for the mermaid but the I making an ee sound?
You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote

Review link below!
Ruby's Reviews

Knight of the Green Room

Every time someone steps up and says who they are, the world becomes a better, more interesting place.
— Captain Raymond Holt