z

Young Writers Society

Novel Ideas

Reviews: 2
Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:13 am
Cflorence21 says...

My idea for a novel is about two people who meet and fall in love in their dreams. Through out the book their trying to figure out how to actually get to one another and meet in real life. The point of view switches back and forth between them. This is just the jist of it....Need some help on adjusting it so it makes sense! :?:

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:21 pm
Carlito says...

Ooooh I love romance novels and this sounds interesting! I've never read a romance where they meet and fall in love in their dreams. Cool conflict! And I looove dual POV :)

I'm not sure what you mean by "adjusting it so it makes sense"? Do you mean you need help figuring out the plot and how you're going to pace everything and get everything in there?

There are a lot of great articles over in our knowledge base about creating a plot for a novel (among many other wonderful writerly topics). That might be helpful to you.

Another thing that's been helpful to me in writing romances, is to write a synopsis. This is a resource I really like for plotting out a romance. This allows you to map out who your characters are, what they want, what the conflict is, and all of the major plot points you need to hit along the way.

If this isn't what you're after, can you be a little more specific about what you need help with?

And have you posted any of it yet, because I'll totally read it! :D
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

Reviews: 2
Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:08 am
Cflorence21 says...

Help figuring out the plot and how I'm going to pace everything is exactly what I mean. Usually I end up with something corny like the first idea I posted ( the opinions from people made me realize it was going no where). And sorry, I haven't posted any of it yet because I'm still trying to bring everything together. I'm old fashioned, paper first! LOL

Thou call'dst me a dog before thou hadst cause. But, since I am a dog, beware my fangs.
— Shylock, The Merchant of Venice