z

Young Writers Society

Telaphone Hour -Bye Bye Birdie

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Fri May 12, 2017 12:24 am
queenofscience says...

So, i'm going to have a few songs apper in my story. My character, who is a teenage bird-girl,Phe, loves musicals. I was thinking of her at one point singing Telaphone Hour from Bye-Bye Birdie. But I have a question about the meaning. Are the meaning of the song having to do with sex,or is it simply about the teenagers and prom. If it's about prom, then I want Phe to sing it because it's about that ( Phe has a chronic gastric ilness, and wants to be like other teens) and the song is upbeat and happy. Considering Phe's kind nature/being European, I couldn't imagin her singing the song if it has an unlying meaning of teenagers wanting to have sex, this is mainly to do with the fact that she's European, and her 'veiw' of the body is different than American's..

Ideas
I am the science and science fiction guru.

The mind is beautiful, yet brilliant. You can think, create, and imagine so many things.

Eugenics= scientific racism.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Fri May 12, 2017 1:26 am
sheysse says...

The specific song Telephone Hour is about dating, with no context of sex. HOWEVER, Bye Bye Birdie contains a lot of references to sex anyway, such as "loop-the-loop" (google it, but do not hit images).

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Fri May 12, 2017 1:40 am
queenofscience says...

So, just so that i'm clear, Telaphone hour is just about dating/prom. No sex refferances?
I am the science and science fiction guru.

The mind is beautiful, yet brilliant. You can think, create, and imagine so many things.

Eugenics= scientific racism.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum.
— Arthur C. Clarke