z

Young Writers Society

Darmatic ending

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sun May 07, 2017 12:11 am
queenofscience says...

Hey guys, I was wondering.

Does the ending for a story have to be so 'big/complicated/darmatic?

And 'In the end would it be acceptable for a villen to try to redeem herself?' Would my readering think that I am lazy or whimpy for having such simple things like this in my story?

If you know about my story,please answer.

In book 1, I'm going to have my villen, Dr.Conti taken to jail in the end because of malpractice. In the beginning of book 2, she exsapes. In book 1, a work camp is constructed. In book 2 it is fully operatinal. My characters get 'interened' and get put to work in hash-ish conditions. All of my teenage characters are handicaped or ill. In my world, I have ill/disabled characters have 'medical baised superpowers' basicaly, fantastical things that could happen to the body. Anyhow, I have one of my characters, Terry, who is Willow's/Brianna's mother. She and Phe's mother come to bring down my work camp.

So, in addition to blindness, Terry has a partialy working immune systume. So, she can transform into a giant immunie systume cell (still deciding on what kind) only if it's medical induced. She gets captured by Conti, and Conti transforms her into a cell by some sort of medicen that causes a type of reaction. Conti does this so that 'she can be the hero'. She wants to cover up what she (who has also influnced some US Army members) did, as in building this work camp. She wants to 'redeem herself', as in deflect media attenton away from the bad things that she did. Bear in mind that, in world, internet sucurty is poor, so, news, information, ect is isolated. Also, to, in Terry's cell form, she has no idea what she is doing sense cells lack brains.

In the end of book 2, Conti gets put in prison for life, after it is discovered the bad things that she did etc.

Ok, I should of said that Conti 'tryes' to redeem herself, but is still 'evil'. Besides, my story is Christian sci-fic, so, I don't want a ton of vilonce or anything.
Last edited by queenofscience on Sun May 07, 2017 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am the science and science fiction guru.

The mind is beautiful, yet brilliant. You can think, create, and imagine so many things.

Eugenics= scientific racism.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sun May 07, 2017 1:47 am
PrincessInk says...

Me? I don't mind simple endings. As long as the ending makes sense and wraps up the plot and character dynamics well, I don't mind. I honestly think that the "redeeming" bit can be hugely satisfying if worked in well--in fact, making a villain redeem is hard in my opinion. The reader won't think you're lazy or something then. They'll think, What a great ending!

Which means...I believe that getting to know Conti well, to understand *why*, can be important. After all, I strongly believe that character motivations can shape the plot. Sometimes circumstances can change them too! One thing you may need to think about is her motivations, her beliefs, any bottled stuff in her that leads up to an important "pivot" moment--in this case, the redeeming.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

Writing is like love: the real thing is a lot less romantic
— dragonfphoenix