z

Young Writers Society

Help/advice etc.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:10 am
queenofscience says...

Hey guys.

Sooo, i'm fusterated with my writing. It's just the methedolgy of it. See, I LOVE my story. ( It's the one about Phe.) I really love it!

It's just hard because of my disability. I have tried speech-to-text, but that keeps 'messing up' and making mistakes and is making more work for me. (Windows/Samsung tablet.) I have tried fingerwriting on my tablet to text. Anyways, I have a notebook with my first writen drafts in them. And it's very difficult for me to type down on my tablet. I tried uses my CCTV (close curcut) . I even inverted the colors, still the contast was not good enough for to see. Yes, even 'blowing the image of my writing up' didn't help. The contrast is bad. I am 'forced' to go over it in pen to see easrer.

Anyways, originaly when I write, I write on my tablet. But it's difficult for my ideas to flow, so, I first start on paper. But I can only write a few sentances to a few phagraphs in my tablet when I do write.

In general, I feel bad if I don't write. I know that I have other obligations, but still. I feel like if I don't write that I will never get it done. But I love my story a lot. I know what I want to do from start to finnish. I can write very worderfull, powerfull things, but it takes time, a lot of time.

I hate saying this because I sound like 'I have issues'. Yes, I do have probleams, disability related probleams. I don't ever admit that my disability is a struggle in my writing, i'm not ashamed. I just don't take about it.

Like I said, I love my story, and I have plans for it....it's just the 'methodolgy' of it. I have been on a particular scene for a long while. It's the methed of trasfering it to text.

I feel like I need an assisstant to 'scribe' for me. Just to transerfer words, to transfer the first draft onto a word processor, then I can do the rest.

I'm just venting. If anyone has ideas, let me know.

PS. I don't really have anyone near/with me, who can scribe. Although I do have a English teacher who is taking an intrest in my writing. But i'm concerened about giving her my notebook. I'm worried that I won't get it back ( nothing to do with my teacher) and or I will forget it if I go back home to Arkansas. It's not like I can drive and get it.
I am the science and science fiction guru.

The mind is beautiful, yet brilliant. You can think, create, and imagine so many things.

Eugenics= scientific racism.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:10 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Always tough.

I hate speech to text. I really hate it. Tried to use it when I was a kid, could never get it to recognize my voice.

Maybe try looking into different types of keyboards? My dad has an old ergonomic keyboard with a split design, and they sell new ones. Trying out a few of those could make typing easier for you.

If you use mobile keyboards, there are multiple options out there that could maybe help?

Maybe you could consider getting something like Evernote's paper journal that makes it easier to turn things into text. Evernote also lets you take pictures of text and has a fairly good writing-to-text feature for turning what you write on paper digital.

If you've tried all this already, apologies. Accessibility technology is improving all the time, so just keeping an ear to the ground can maybe glean new options.

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with being slow at writing a novel! I know multiple novelists who spent a long, long, long time getting the words on paper, and there's no fault with that. Just keep at it, and eventually you'll have something.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

46 Reviews

Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:45 pm
queenofscience says...

Hi. Well, I looked at the evernote. Wow, this is really cool. I have some questions about it though? Thanks for the encourgagment.

The mind is beautiful, yet brilliant. You can think, create, and imagine so many things.

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:15 pm
Tenyo says...

Having read a few snippets of your work over time, I don't think you're at much of a loss as far as quality is concerned, your writing is really good. Although it might take you a long time to transcribe it that does give you the advantage of taking a long time to think about the words you're actually putting on the page, and there is a distinct quality that comes from that.

My university has a lot of really cool gadgets for people who are visually impaired, I'll inspect next time I'm up at the library and drop you another note if any of it might be useful.
We were born to be amazing.

46 Reviews

Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:20 pm
queenofscience says...

I have questions about Evernote.

With the Moleskin journal, do you have to take a piture for it to be translated digitaly? Can you just write in it, and that be traslated digitaly?

Either way, when the text is in your app, can you edit it/uploade it to a Goggle Docs file (my story file?) So, could it be text, and I can edit/add/delet words?

Does the piture's word get turned into text?

Will it be able to read my handwriting? It's not terrible, but still? What about mispelled words?

Do I need a speacial pen for it to work? If so, is the pen sepreat from the journal?

Coud I use any notebook, or does it have to be the Moleskin one, in order for Evernote to pick up my writing?

Thank you.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:02 pm
Rosendorn says...

This seems to answer your question, which is: no, sorry, it doesn't extract actual text. It only makes the text searchable.

It does suggest you use OneNote instead, and here is a breakdown on how it works! OneNote doesn't need special technology.

There are also tablet-type things you can get that transfer what you write on paper to text, but I'm not as familiar with them and they can get expensive.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

46 Reviews

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:38 am
queenofscience says...

Does anyone know of a good app where you can take pitures and the piture of writing gets turned into text? Also, would such an app work on writin words, too. I use a samsung Galaxy tablet.

Death is only the end if you assume the story is about you.
— Welcome to Night Vale