z

Young Writers Society

Medical superpowers

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:51 pm
View Likes
queenofscience says...

Hey guys....so....I would like some help.....I'm trying to think of 'medical superpowers' for my story. My 'superpowers' arn'r nessarly supernatrual. They are more of fantastical things that could happen to the body. For exsample, someone with Marfan's syndrom could strech really far. Somone with a lung disease can can have a 'super chough' ( a chough that can fling objects away etc). One of my characters has a digestive systum disorder and has toxic (yet sweet-melling, gas bacterial waste in the stomach. Someone who has an alirgic reaction can swell to two times their own size. Things like that....

Some ones that I need help somthing for....

Chrohn's disease

Proder Wilies syndrom ( a genetic disorder where your brain dosn't tell you when your full. Often patints have some nurological probleam.)

Learning disability (character is really bad at math)

Intellectual disability (my characters disability effects them moderatly)

Lactose intollarent

Thats all I have for now. Thanks. Any ideas.
I am the science and science fiction guru.

The mind is beautiful, yet brilliant. You can think, create, and imagine so many things.

Eugenics= scientific racism.

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:52 pm
View Likes
Tenyo says...

Chron's disease- could look at the fatigue aspect and have someone who is able to hibernate for several months without eating or ageing.

Proder Wilies syndrome - the ability to eat non-consumable things without getting sick, and gain sustainable from them.

Learning disability (math) - some kind of empathetic ability, like the ability to read body language in great detail, maybe even pick up on the hormones a person excretes. Math would be hard because the numbers don't really mean anything, they're just digits.

Lactose Intolerant - Someone who produces their own nutrients, who can survive on just water. They'd also rarely get sick because their body would always have the substances it needs.
We were born to be amazing.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:45 pm
regismare says...

Joint Hypermobility - the ability to stretch or move joints in ways that are impossible for other people.
awaiting world war three

One is not born, but rather becomes a woman.
— Simone de Beauvoir, The Second Sex