Young Writers Society

Longing for the Stars? Tower of Stars?

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:58 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

[all names are placeholders for now]

The first time Eydis opened her eyes, the universe was captured and held hostage. She was a child of the stars, the omen of a new age. She was revered and treasured.
Or she should have been. The moment she was recognised, she was sequestered in the floating tower by the Scribes, eager to maintain the status quo.

Raised by a handful of carefully selected people, they did her best to curb her curiosity of the outside world, aided by the perpetual fog surrounding the tower. They were mostly successful in their endeavours, until Dagmaer tumbled from the fog. When she woke, she spun tales of a world Eydis didn't know existed
When she left, she took Eydis with her.

They plan to explore the world together, but first they must navigate the Ashkeb Forest surrounding the tower.
The Scribes search for Eydis, desperate to stop her from a destiny which she is sure to learn of as she travels.
And more questions remain: who is Dagmaer and how did she penetrate one of the most secure prisons the Scribes have ever built?

Thoughts?
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:40 pm
PrincessInk says...

Sounds interesting. I thought there was a kind of Pandora/fairytale element in the story. Dagmaer must have been very good at talking to spur Eydis to come with her. And there is one more question: why did Dagmaer come to Eydis? (And by the way,the name Eydis reminds me of an eye :P)
always daydreaming, always clumsy

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:12 pm
Auxiira says...

well that's all part of the plot which I haven't really worked out much about yet xD but Daggy had definitely been looking for Ey, and she has a goal of her own
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

But even the worst decisions we make don't necessarily remove us from the circle of humanity.
— Wes Moore, The Other Wes Moore