z

Young Writers Society

LMS - the memories tattooed on his skin

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:11 am
SpiritedWolfe says...

(Yes. It's fully intentional for the title not to be capitalized. Even though it's mostly aesthetic xD) I'm going to go ahead and make this super helpful, awesome thread to shove some plots and chapters when I eventually start writing those.

BEFORE YOU CONTINUE: This is not a happy, lighthearted story. Parts of it are gruesome and graphic while others have dark, suggestive undertones. If you're not okay with reading dark/more graphic scenes, this is probably not the novel for you.

If you've decided to stay, I will rewards you with this here lovely

Table of Contents

Planning:
World Building <-- tad outdated
Magic--
Basics
Phases

Splinter--
Basics
Ranks
Opponents

Characters--
Cast List
Hunter
Grey
• Cobalt ~ needed
The Leader
Trinity -- place holder
Forber -- place holder
Eric Braxton
William -- place holder

Chapter Summaries--
Chapter One
Chapter Two -- place holder
• Chapter Three ~Coming Soon
• Chapter Four ~Coming Soon
• Chapter Five ~Coming Soon
• Chapter Six ~Coming Soon

Chapters:
Chapter 1.1 (Hunter)
Chapter 1.2 (Hunter)
Chapter 1.3 (Hunter)
Chapter 1.4 (Hunter)

Chapter 2.1 (Trinity)
Chapter 2.2 (Trinity)

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Spoiler! :
Chapter 2.3 (Trinity)
Chapter 2.4 (Trinity) -- place holder

Chapter 3.1 (Eric)
Chapter 3.2 (Eric)
Chapter 3.3 (Eric)
Chapter 3.4 (Eric)

Chapter 4.1 (Hunter)
Chapter 4.2 (Hunter)
Chapter 4.3 (Hunter)
Chapter 4.4 (Hunter)

Chapter 5.1 (Trinity)
Chapter 5.2 (Trinity)
Chapter 5.3 (Trinity)
Chapter 5.1 (Trinity)

Chapter 6.1 (Hunter)
Chapter 6.2 (Hunter)
Chapter 6.3 (Hunter)
Chapter 6.4 (Hunter)

This was a novel for the wonderful Last Man Standing Competition and it's never too late to join as a rogue! (Even though the round this was started for it over.) I'm still continuing to work on this though ~

Extra note! I've decided that, to keep myself from being too much of a perfectionist, I will created a rule that I won't be allowed to edit parts of chapters that have already been completely written. The date that the chapter was finished may be different from the date that the part was written, so I've added a nifty "LOCKED DATE" at the end of each chapter. Also, that may not mean I won't change previous events outside the writing. Those changes will be noted when I put up a new part and the chapter summaries will also be updated. The changed that differ from what's written will be marked. Hopefully that isn't too confusing.

[last updated: September 29th, 2018]
Last edited by SpiritedWolfe on Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:00 am, edited 38 times in total.
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:05 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

World Building

Spoiler! :
Basics: The setting is based heavily on the modern world. It will end up being a fantasy world with new continents, new countries, and probably some made up laws of physics to explain why "magic" can be triggered in people with scientific experimentation. And also why later on magic can be transferred to someone else by a magic user (but only if the former is a useless shell of a human being.) Aside from that, the experimentation that discovers the magic occurs to a year parallel to 1940~1945. I may draw some inspiration from some government run experiments known as mk ultra. (If you haven't heard of it, don't worry. I didn't either until like three days ago xD It was essentially a series of experiments where participants were physically and psychologically totured -- and hadn't signed up for the experiment with consent -- in order for the CIA to create a reliable mind control drug. When they were uncovered, all documentation of the experiments were burned and the project was abandoned.)

Experimentation lasts a long time and the government of the main country (that I still need to think up) is especially adamant about covering it up, specifically because they are terrified about the implications of the "magic" once it's functioning as theorized. They don't want any other groups trying to work on this, especially other groups helping enemy countries. The group doesn't mind the secrecy but they resist as the government tries to break it up.

Eventually, about the year equivalent of 1985 to 1990-ish, the group is completely destroyed and disbanded. The existence of magic is leaked and it's made illegal all across the world, unanimously considered dangerous, manipulative, and inhumane.

The novel is set around 2040~ish, with the rise of a huge terrorist organization advocating for legalizing magic across the world. They're known as Splinter and they are not very nice people. It also comes as a shock because even though people have tried to replicate the original experiments, no one has been able to reach magic level again before they were intervened by a government body and arrested. But Splinter is a powerful force.

Technology wise, I wasn't imagining very much sci-fi in the sense of super technological advancement and nearing utopian society and all that. It would be just a bit compounded on modern society with a few new trinkets that help out everyday life. Things like space travel and extreme technological weaponry (like light guns or something) aren't really a thing, but the gadgets would be more along the lines of identification chips, perhaps some helpful AI that's not fully autonomous and has no threat of taking over, or easier interact able interface and all that. I'll have to think more on it. probably more stuff that I think would be useful and aren't quite a thing. Nothing super advanced like hovering cars or holographic phone calls. (Even though autonomous vehicles could be more popular.

//notes & ideas
I'm thinking to have something of three continents since one continent fantasy worlds are overrated. One would have two to three countries like the United States -- at least for inspiration -- that are more developed countries. The other two won't be particularly important for this novel since it'll all be set in the first continent (but they might get some mentions from some agents.)

[last updated: February 12th, 2017]

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:40 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Chapter 1.1 ~ 1,196 words
HUNTER

The black hood slid off with ease and light flooded into my eyes again. The motel room looked just as run down as in my head, except the image was a bit brighter. Moss filled cracks ran down the walls like infected wounds that never fully healed. Sheets of dust covered the comforter, which was infused with the scent of smoke. I could almost see the steam flooding from the crack under the door where Grey scalded herself in what she called a “relaxing shower.”

I’d never understood those.

However it looked, this was our base tonight. Several thousand miles away from the one place I’d spent just about every other night of my life, but still, our base. My senses stayed on alert as I looked down at my identity in my hands.

It was a relatively simplistic mask, at least compared to Grey’s, with the standard white face and white lips. But the claw marks, those were mine. They glimmered differently as I moved it in the light, the three blue scratches seeming to dance into one another. They complimented the green of the open eyes well. My subconscious was quite good at design.

I set the mask down on the table beside me, glancing at the bathroom door as I heard the water switch off. Grey would be coming out without her mask on, so it was only fair to show the same trust and not wear mine. I could already sense the shape of her face, the bright blue color of her soft eyes. It’d be nice to actually see those eyes again.

The door creaked open and her small frame slipped out. She was already dressed in the standard black suit, but she’d left her hood off so her lush brown hair hugged her waist. Water dripped from its tips.

“What a waste of twenty minutes,” I said, hiding a half smile as she walked over to the other side of the room.

“Showers are a valuable resource,” she responded, pulling a towel over her sopping hair. As it moved off, her hair was miraculously dry. “We never get these back home. So it’s not a waste if I’m taking full advantage of it.” Her own lips hinted at the same half smile.

“But what’s the point if you’re just going to dry off again?”

She turned to me, holding a quiet mischief in her eyes as she said, “You just haven’t learned to enjoy things yet. Don’t worry. You’ll get there.” With that, she threw the hood over her head and concealed her face once more. I followed before she commanded me to, letting my mind fill up the space where the light used to be. I could see her face again, the curves of her cheek, the pale of her thin lips, all from just feeling her presence.

Both of us fit our masks into place. As she did so, there was a sudden shift in her being. She held her thoughts closer to her mind and wrapped them up neatly so that I couldn’t peer, wearier of my presence near her. The amiable, half smiling Grey transformed into the serious, silent admiral she always was. It was as if the bleeding red star around her eye conjured someone different before me.

I watched her appearance change, beginning with the mask over her face. It morphed into a new face altogether, a smaller, smoother face than that of Grey. Her body grew and the black suit melded into a miniskirt with a pale tank top overtop. Perfect for the summer weather outside. Again, I followed, conjuring up an illusion of a tanned boy with bleached blonde hair, loose shorts, and a teal t-shirt.

We were two teenagers, looking to find a cool hangout on the coast before the evening light vanished below the horizon.

Her voice resonated in my head, Two blocks back from the smallest pier. Keep a knife on you. She swung the door open and strode outside. I followed.

The streets were crowded with normals hurrying to and from the beach, everyone too preoccupied with their own moments to wonder about two dangers disguised among them. Sometimes one would look in our direction, casting an extra-long, extra-hard look at us. Grey would just turn their head away and feed them thoughts of whatever they were thinking before.

Yet she always kept her eyes trained ahead and her hands taught at her sides. None of her thoughts strayed.

By the time we reached the pier, the last sunlight was but a faint blur over the ocean, and the last two blocks truly covered us in nightfall. It was the perfect time for mischief, the perfect setting for underground schemes. It was the time of Splinter and influence, masks and sympathizers, and both of us knew the police were on high alert these days.

Grey led me down an alley way, changing her appearance again as she rounded the corner out of sight. She was a woman in her twenties, dressed in a white blouse and long jeans, meant to be old enough to understand the issues on everyone's minds tonight but not too old to know better. An image was pressed into my head and soon I felt my own appearance shifting to an older man, forty at most, with khakis for pants and a button up for a shirt. We did not look as if we belonged together.

Shadows dared to show themselves as they shifted away from the walls, eventually taking over the pathway as we moved in. It was a long stretch into the space between tall, brick buildings, but eventually we saw a lanky man hanging out beside an open cellar. Grey moved first, changing her face one last time into the plain mask of a grunt.

The man spoke first, and she responded. Clearly he was satisfied she was a ‘genuine sympathizer’ when he nodded at her and stepped aside. She did not look back as she entered.

In the few moments I waited, I allowed the face of the old man to meld away and expose my mask, but not before carefully concealing the claw marks and closing the eyes. That was the mask of a grunt, two ranks lower than the mask I was used to bearing. I pushed aside the rising shame for the good of the mission; it was essential.

Once satisfied that enough time had passed, I slunk over to the man and hesitantly greeted him. He too wore a grunt mask, but there were small holes in his eyes to allow him, a normal, to see.

He did not need to ask the obvious because the iconic mask of Splinter said more than any words ever could. Instead his voice was careful as he said, “Do you seek truth?”

My voice took on the quality of the illusion surrounding my body. “I will find truth today.” I filled the words with influence and purpose, and the man found himself nodding along. He had no way of knowing I was a true member, but he was sure I belonged. So he stepped aside and allowed me entrance.

Chapter 1.2 (Hunter)

//editing notes
Spoiler! :
~ to be added ~
I'd love some feedback ^^

LOCKED DATE: March 12th, 2017
[last updated: March 9th, 2017]
Last edited by SpiritedWolfe on Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:42 am, edited 6 times in total.

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:42 am
SpiritedWolfe says...

Magic ("Influence")

Magic is an informal way to refer to what's officially called "influence." Most everyone else just calls it magic because to most of them, it's a far away, unexplained phenomenon. Its illegal status further isolated it from the concerns of the public. At least until Splinter showed up. In Splinter, it is never called magic; it is always one's influence.

The basic premise of influence is the ability to change reality in some way, shape, or form. In its most basic form, one can only change the perception of reality in a few people at a time. As the skill and influence progresses, one is able to change small details of reality and later, massive anomalies. Influence at its strongest gives a lot of power to its wielder since they can change things however they want it, but there are still limitations. Influence cannot change the core identity of a person, even if that person is the most simple minded, normal there is. Even if one is able to use their influence to change the memories of a person, they still hold the same values and beliefs and personality so they are fundamentally the same person.

(There are two ways to obtain influence and neither are pleasant or necessarily humane. This is why it is illegal, not to mention the implications one can have of people able to change reality however they want. Two two ways are as follows:

1. The brain is physically altered so that the subject is able to feel space around them at an almost quantum level. They feel the energy emitting from everything. It's a lot to process at first and it begins as too overwhelming to distinguish anything. With time and practice one can progress through the phases of the influence. However, to be able to manipulate anything, the mind must undergo a lot of psychological stress. The further one wants to go with their influence, the more stress they need, until they eventually lose their sense of reality and self once they reach phase 6. This influence, and its effects on the mind, are permanent.

2. The mind of a normal is molded by another person with influence. This is a very long, and painful process for the normal, because to truly be able to use the influence, they must have their identity removed. Since one cannot change a the core of a person with influence, they must use other means. Then, the normal must be built back up and reshaped into a person however the person molding them wants, leaving the molder the master of sorts over the other. As the new person with influence develops their ability, they begin to gradually remember who they were. Once they remember, their mind reverts and they lose all their influence, even the ability to feel space.

Splinter only uses the second method to draft its members, so that is the type of influence that will be focused on here. The first is *almost* nonexistent in this point of the novel.)

[last updated: February 26th, 2017]

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:39 am
SpiritedWolfe says...

Phases of Influence

Magic from the second method shows a linear progression of development, which is often denoted by which rank one is in Splinter. The relation between the two will be focused on in a later post.

Normal
-easily manipulated by influence and experience "ripples" of larger changes to reality
-thoughts are concealed and cannot be detected until after conception
(cannot be changed once already created by the normal)
-unable to feel energy and space
-have a grounded core to themselves

Phase One
-loud, clunky, obvious thoughts to other people of influence
-ability to manipulate a single normal's perception
RULE: cannot change appearance of the normal, of the normal's loved ones, or of themselves
RULE: cannot influence touch or physical property of normal or objects
RULE: cannot control or initiate thoughts or emotions
RULE: cannot actually change reality
-controlled by some higher phases
-only influences normals

Phase Two
-enhanced physical ability and no need for basic necessities (ie food, water, etc)
-ability to exist within the mind of a single normal
RULE: cannot influence actions, emotions, or existing thoughts
-ability to manipulate multiple normals' perspective at once
RULE: cannot influence physical properties of influenced normals
RULE: cannot change own appearance
-controlled by higher phases
-only influences normals

Phase Three
-beginning phases of a personality
-ability to manipulate any number of normal's perspectives at once
RULE: may only influence physical properties of inanimate objects, not a normal
-ability to access the mind of a single normal
RULE: cannot directly influence actions or existing thoughts
RULE: emotions only have power if accepted by the normal
(small, mundane thoughts can be fed to the normal as suggestions. ineffective on its own, but constant suggestion works better than the influence)
-ability to change appearance by light
(allows for manipulation of machinery)
-hidden thoughts when not using influence
-influences any lower phase and normals
-controlled by higher phases

Phase Four
GENERAL RULE: cannot change own self physically in the reality of others
-ability to simultaneously manipulate perspectives
RULE: cannot actually change their reality
-ability to manipulate inanimate objects
(allow for manifestation and deconstruction)
-ability to access mind of any lower phase
RULE: cannot influence actions that require conscious thoughts
RULE: cannot change existing thoughts of a normal
RULE: cannot change feelings towards another person
RULE: cannot destroy or create fabricated memories
-slight ability to change physical properties of a normal
-capable of thinking independently of master

Phase Five
GENERAL RULE: cannot mass change reality that will cause "ripples" through normals
-completely undetectable when not using influence
-ability to simultaneously manipulate perspective
-ability to slightly change own reality
RULE: cannot influence own personality or core values
-ability to simultaneously access any mind or memories
RULE: cannot remove crucial memories that define the normal
RULE: cannot influence actions that go against morals
RULE: cannot change existing thoughts

Phase Six
-able to willfully bend reality in ways that can only be imagined
(this can include changing laws of physics or creating new lands from nothing)
RULE: cannot contradict the general morals or society
RULE: cannot change the identity of any individual
RULE: if there is any other phase six that exists in reality, the effects of bending are almost completely nullified

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:01 am
SpiritedWolfe says...

Splinter

Splinter is a terrorist organization of people with influence, advocating for the legalization and conformity to the influence of those high up in the group. They are completely anonymous whenever they gather and attack and no knowledge is known about their day to day whereabouts. The anonymity comes from the fact that every single member wears a black hood and a specific mask that signifies their rank and ability.

Each mask also has certain magical properties that assist them. The first, and likely the most important, is that a mask cannot be taken off by anyone but the person wearing the mask. It makes it so that if a member of Splinter is being interrogated, they are still anonymous to everyone else. The mask also assists in making each member's influence more accessible and focused so people who would normally not have as much strength can still prosper and have the minimum abilities needed to survive Splinter.

Outside the group, there are normals who advocate for the same goals that Splinter does, and some even go so far as to sympathize with the group and join in on city wide raids or attacks. The other people who advocate to legalize influence do not agree with Splinter's fear mongering tactics. The average sympathizer does not go as extreme, and often meets secretly with other sympathizers to discuss matters and possible methods of support. Not every sympathizer wants to become a member of Splinter, since they are aware of what it takes to become a member. Others, however, either do not have this knowledge or are willing to give up their identity.

One does not choose to become a member of Splinter. They are chosen by the higher up officials either by their previous dedication as a sympathizer or because of the possibility of greatness with influence. Some people who hate everything about Splinter and their cause join Splinter because inductees are suddenly kidnapped and held for weeks in an empty room where they begin the second process of obtaining influence. The involuntary aspect of membership makes it difficult to raise an army, so the ranks of Splinter are relatively small. But because of their abilities, they are a deadly force.

Within Splinter, the days are rather dreary and monotonous, but considering most of the members are mindless, they don't tend to mind. It's spent training, fighting, and refining their own influence. Rank is determined on both how useful one is in during raids and how self aware they are. Those closer to the top ranks are able to think for themselves and may even have a semblance of their old personality.

The most mysterious and feared member of Spliter is the Leader. He is easily distinguished by his cape and unique mask. He is also the only member to speak to the outside world. Rarely is his appearance made, but whenever he does appear on a raid, he never fails to make a show with his statement.

[last updated: March 12th, 2017]
Last edited by SpiritedWolfe on Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:28 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

Ranks in Splinter

There are six different ranks in Splinter, each of which align with a particular phase of influence. Among these ranks are varying roles and rules that members must follow. However, the most important rule of Splinter is that a member must never take off their mask in front of any normal.

Sympathizers (Normals)
This is not an official rank of Splinter, but they can play an important role in getting their message across. These are people who believe that influence should be utilized and support Splinter in their quest to achieve this goal. Some sympathizers may do so out of fear of being targeted by the organization and instead support them. While Splinter rarely works directly with their sympathizers, there have been occasions where important leaders in the supporting normals have been praised and brought in as members.

Husks (Phase One)
Husks are not yet official members of Splinter since they do not ever leave the base, even during raids, and they do not yet have a mask of their own. They have begun the process of entering Splinter, whether voluntary or not, and at this point have already been stripped of an identity. Husks work very closely with one single official in Splinter, usually a captain, to improve their ability to use their influence. At this point, the husk has a number that they are referred to by, a number that is seared into their mind to trigger submission.

At this point in time, a husk must still be fed and cared for as a normal would, but during this time they are slowly waned off the feeling that food is a necessity: it's not. Not to them. They learn to gain energy from the space around them and often sleep more and more. As well, they are trained to be able to see without their eyes, but instead feel the space around them and create a picture in their head. This is encouraged because the husk will almost always wear a black hood over their head. Husks are also very cooperative and are subject to every whim of their training official. This is how they live for several months.

Grunt (Phase Two)
Mask: A grunt mask is white with closed eyes and no mouth.
Once a husk has achieved significant ability with their influence, they are assigned to an officer for physical training and given their mask. A grunt must always, always wear their mask over the hood that they also always wear. A grunt may never, ever, ever take off their mask in any circumstance, even around other grunts. They are never allowed to leave the base unless there is a mass raid, and they are always supervised when not in their holding rooms.

Grunts are the foot soldiers, the main brute force that swarm a city when directed to. They do not have names, only their numbers. They only ever follow orders. Whenever it's time to train, they train. Otherwise, they sleep, dormant and half conscious. Many grunts are not self aware and cannot make judgement for themselves. Most don't feel any emotion, and regard physical feelings with distance. Their entire purpose is to serve the Leader and the cause of Splinter. They are powerful enough to be useful, but weak enough to be controlled.

Officer (Phase Three)
Mask: An officer mask is the same as a grunt mask but with white lips.
Most grunts do not advance to the role of officer, but those that do show some semblance of self awareness and initiative beyond orders. They are the main facilitators as each officer is in control of dozens of grunts to train, organize, and maintain. They are referred to as "officer" by any rank, as they do not yet have names, but their numbers are reserved for discipline.

The longer an officer serves, the more grunts they organize and the more of their own thoughts begin to form. Some officers never reach this point of self awareness and still largely depend on the orders from the officials above them, but those that do begin to do more outside the base. An officer is also never allowed to take off their mask in front of anyone (but they are alone more so that is a possibility) and they are never allowed to leave the base when not on a raid. However, during the aftermath of raids, officers that are more self aware have been known to begin induction of new members for Splinter.

Captain (Phase Four)
Mask: A captain's mask is more personalized for the specific captain. When one first becomes a captain, the eyes of the mask are opened. They begin as white as the mask, and the lips remained seal shut, but as time goes on, the eyes change colors and small other details begin to appear around the mask. The lips always stay sealed and white.
Once an officer is comfortable inducting members, they are promoted to captain. This is a monumental moment for the member because the eyes on their mask are opened and they are finally given a name. At this point, captains have a semi-distinct personality and a will to think on their own. The rules for captains are much less strict because they are more trustworthy, having been with Splinter for so long. They are allowed to take off their masks and hoods around one another, and if accompanied by an admiral, they may be able to leave the base for individual missions.

The most important role of the captain is inducting new members. They seek out normals that may have a good contribution to the organization and spent weeks and months at a time helping them develop their new influence. They work much faster than officers. Their other roles are to keep officers in line and some of the more advanced captains have input on planning raids and demonstrations done by Splinter. These captains are privelliged enough to interact with the Leader at all and refer to him as simply "Sir".

Captains run most of the raids, demonstrations, and even smaller things like training sessions back home. They are in charge of disciplinary actions (which does not occur often) and they insure plans run smoothly. They also head the charges of attacks and are the most skilled, ruthless fighters. Despite being more developed, their own morals are almost nonexistent.

Admiral (Phase Five)
Mask: An admiral's mask is completely unique to them with some kind of bright red mark that distinguishes them as an admiral. The mouth is still sealed shut.
There are only ever two or three admirals at a time, and these are the members that are strong, dedicated, and passionate. They work directly with the Leader on a daily basis to plan, organize, and discuss responses. They are the masterminds. They are allowed to remove their mask when they wish because of their ability to change their own appearance and they can leave the base with permission from the Leader. While they are extremely skilled in both physical combat and influence, they rarely intervene in attacks unless something is dire. They are virtually unkillable. The only one that can handle and control them is the Leader.

The Leader (Phase Six)
Mask: His mask is white with golden eyes and big, red lips. The mouth is left opened with a wide, creepy smile and it moves when he speaks.
There is only one Leader. No one surpasses him; no one defies him. His word is law and his decisions are final. He has the ability to manipulate and control every single member below him, and he has the ability to remove anyone he likes. He has been known to "recycle" members who threatened his position of ultimate powers, removing their influence and making them start again. He rarely shows himself, but when he does, he makes a show of it. He is feared widely by all, and no one knows how to stop him.

Last edited by SpiritedWolfe on Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:16 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

Agencies Against Splinter

Because of the violent nature of the terrorists in Splinter, the government has responded by creating an agency designed to fight against the organization. This agency is known as the Defense Against Influence, or the DAI. They specialize in researching tactics to counteract influence and methods to eliminate members of Splinter with little risk for the person engaging them.

The founder, and main head of the DAI, is a man named Forber. He is a somewhat active politically and makes frequent comments on the Splinter attacks, but his main focus is developing technology that is able to nullify the effects of influence enough that any normal person can detect manipulation.

Within the DAI, there are two different halves. The first half strongly pursues the technological aspect, hoping that they can create some kind of machine that is able to feel space and energy like people of influence can, but only detects changes. There are other advancements that the DAI has created, such as eye-wear that shows the real image in front of the wearer, but that's only useless for dealing with lower phases of influence.

The other half actively goes out into the field to search for members of Splinter and dangerous sympathizers. It is basically illegal to meet and/or rally in the name of Splinter, even if one does not have their own influence, since it is promoting violent believes and can pose a threat to the safety of the public. These field agents also try to map locations of Splinter attacks and predict where another demonstration or raid will be to prepare for it.

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:20 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

Cast List

Splinter
-The Leader
-Grey
-Cobalt
-Blaine~
-Hunter*
-Raine
-Ember~
-Felix~
-Kain~

Other
-Dustin
-Ashley~
-Mason*

DAI
-Kaleb Forber -- place holder
-Vanessa Reich~
-William Vanet -- place holder
-Trinity Axali* -- place holder
-Eric Braxton*
-Amelia Rosana
-Shay Giles
-Shawn Hood

Key:
name* -- main character
name~ -- minor character
name -- deceased

[last updated: April 2nd, 2017]
Last edited by SpiritedWolfe on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:26 pm, edited 15 times in total.

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:48 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

Hunter

Basics
Number: 683 244 581

Appearance
Looks: He looks like just a boy with short-ish messy brown hair that does whatever it likes. Deep, dark brown eyes fit into his long face with a petite nose and thin, pale lips. His body is around average height (about 5'10 to 6 ft) with muscular limbs and the strength to break a jaw with his fists. He doesn't mess around. He looks a lot younger than he should be, but since you never age in Splinter, he doesn't mind.
Mask: White mask with the standard white, sealed lips. The eyes are big and green and open, even though there is no way for him to actually see through it. Three glowing blue claw marks stretch from his temple to the right corner of his mouth, each one varying in length.

Personality
Usual: He's a dry and blunt character who says it like it is. His main attributes are gruff and serious, with little time to mess around. The work gets done quick and precisely, since he's not one for sloppy jobs. He doesn't hang around, nor does much to risk getting anyone caught. He doesn't have a temper, but he's irritated easily, often making him more stern and terse, especially around the officers.
Exceptions: Around just Grey (not Admiral Grey), he gets a little softer, tossing around a semblance of dry, sarcastic humor.
Habits: He likes to look at his face in the mirror and often takes off his hood whenever he can.

Extra
Possessions: Carries a hand gun and a knife with him at all times. All times.
Officers: TBA

[last updated: March 13th, 2017]
Last edited by SpiritedWolfe on Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:27 am, edited 4 times in total.

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:51 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

Grey

Basics
Number: 111 716 079

Appearance
Looks: Her light brown hair stretches down to her waist and hugs her body, framing her short, rounded face. It has blue eyes and a small mouth, with thin, rosy lips. She's shorter than average (5'4 to 5'5) but that gives her a more stout, stocky build; she's not delicate.
Mask: As for an admiral, the mask has a glittering red star over the left eye. Bright red drips down her cheek and morphs into a dark shade of orange as it outlines the jaw. The eyes are open and they're blue in color, while her lips are a soft pink, sealed shut.

Personality
Usual: Overall, she's the much more chill, more overall happy admiral of the trio. Around her own captains, she's looking to joke around and poke some fun. She's optimistic and appreciates her own smile, on the few occasions she gives it. She's almost coy, but genuine and appreciates the work those around her have done.
Exceptions: When her mask comes on, she's down to business. The fun, happy-go-lucky gal she tends to be vanishes and she's as serious as can be. She is still patient and calm, but her words are stern and direct, lacking any compassion she might have had otherwise. It's as if the mask dampens her spirit.
Habits: She tends to assume a position when she's about to address people authoritatively. She also purposefully doesn't wear her hood and/or mask around the base for the sake of letting her hair down.

Extra
Possessions: She doesn't like to hold things.
Captains: Hunter, Others

[last updated: March 13th, 2017]
Last edited by SpiritedWolfe on Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:28 am, edited 4 times in total.

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:12 am
SpiritedWolfe says...

Chapter 1 ~ Summary
HUNTER

be warned: This contains spoilers for all four parts of chapter 1. Tread carefully.

Spoiler! :
Introduce Hunter: first person perspective, with him as the narrator. His name is only mentioned once in passing.

The first scene begins with Hunter, alone in a crappy motel room, taking off his hood and mask. There's some introduction to the influence, as he mentions seeing things in his head by feeling them rather than seeing with his eyes. Description of his own mask. Grey comes out of the shower.

Introduce Grey: description of her face and her hair and whatever else she's wearing.

There's a short interaction between the two, meant to showcase their lighter relationship without the mask, as well as hinting at the conditions of their base. Some other subtle, subtle hints about Hunter "learning to enjoy things".

More influence is shown, really solidifying it as magic since Grey and Hunter essentially shape shift, courtesy of Grey. Grey further showcases ability to share thoughts (since they can't physically speak through the masks) and asserts their mission. They begin their long trek to some alley way to the meeting place.

They change appearance again and separate, Grey entering the illegal secret meeting/rally for Splinter sympathizers first. Hunter waits a while and follows a bit afterwards, noting the man at the door wore a grunt mask with eye holes for the man to see. Not a real member -- of course. //end part 1

Inside the area is hot and crammed because wow there are a lot more people here than expected. Hunter feels the minds of some of the attendees, analyzing why they would be here, why the sympathize, what they need from the influence. He's on the look out for a new recruits, as always. Grey reprimands him, forcing him to focus, even though she seems to be across the room.

There's about fifty or so people there, who never made too much noise to begin with. A different man calls attention.

Introduce Eric: known as "the target", and his name is never mentioned. Describes his mask and hints at his slight ability with influence.

He addresses the crowd for a little bit, half preaching about influence and how it should be utilized because there are so many avenues for such advancement. He guards himself well, just keeping Hunter out of his head because he doesn't want to alert their target they're there.

Then there's a gunshot and a ricochet and enter a group of DAI agents. //end part 2

Everyone is generally calm and scared and no one dares to move as three agents hold up. More are in the hall outside. Grey struts across the room to deal with them while Hunter slowly makes his way back toward Eric.

The agents fire at Grey and she turns the bullet into shrapnel and kills every one of them. She leaves their bodies as a statement to remind the outside world that even though Splinter has been calm in the past few months, they are still alive, and very much a threat. Eric runs away out a back door out of the cellar.

Hunter and Grey give chase into the warehouse above. As Eric tries to run off into some corner to escape, Grey manages to outrun him and pin him against the wall. She is courteous enough to heal him just a bit from the impact since she needs him alive. They exchange some words, Eric asks about the other two admins and is a bit hostile to Hunter.

The three of them walk out of the warehouse to wherever the Leader is going to meet them. //end part 3

The trek to the area is uneventful and they end up on a pier just over the ocean. No one is in sight. There are no lights in sight. The moon is full and everything is eerie. The group spots a caped man.

Introduce the Leader: heavy description, some awe inspired thoughts in Hunter, most of which probably are not his own.

The conversation and interrogation begins while the Leader and Grey deal with Eric. Hunter stands to the side without every saying a word. He's not high up enough to know what they're talking about and who this Eric guy is. Obviously he's not a true member of Splinter, but he does have some influence.

They reprimand him for his actions outside his work for Splinter, hinting his association with the DAI and how he still does some fighting against Splinter and took it too far. Hunter connects this to the recent death of two captains under Grey. She is furious.

Finally the Leader acknowledges Hunter, giving him some long and strange looks before allowing Hunter to do the captain's job of discipline. He is told not to hold back; the Leader can clean up any mess later.

The mask that Eric was wearing earlier in the night changes in his hand with a rough, jagged black mark going across the mouth and the eyes turning a dark gray.

CHANGE: Instead of having Eric watching him, Grey keeps his back to Hunter as he prepares for the punishment. It ends with Hunter first pulling out a knife. //end part 4

[last updated: April 2nd, 2017]
Last edited by SpiritedWolfe on Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:46 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Chapter 1.2 ~ 1,276 words
HUNTER

The cellar began as a steep stretch of stairs, which plunged into the earth beneath the doors. Each step brought me closer to the humid, dark, contained space of a hallway. This, I already knew, would lead me to the crammed meeting space where too many people had shown up. Word had spread too fast. I felt the energy from dozens of bodies radiating, propagating, all shoved into an already too small space.

Deep gashes cut into the wall, carving out large spaces between the stone. The building itself was steady, but the blocks holding the weight felt strained and I figured it was only a matter of time before it collapsed on itself. Why was it that crimes tended to happen in old buildings reaching the end of their life?

A wave of emotion pressed against my mind as I entered the meeting space, the feeling an intense mixture of negativity. Despair and frustration gripped the air and weaved through the waves of energy that emanated from the inhabitants. It was the prefect space to pick out the strongest, the most useful, the ones that would make the most obedient husks.

My minds stretched out to an older woman hanging closer to the entrance, keeping close to her even when my body sauntered to the room’s center. Her essence reeked of desperation and her frantic thoughts screamed into my own head.

She was a single mother, a posing hero to her two children, a strong, independent woman who didn’t need a deadbeat to complete her life. Not that her life was fruitful, or an uplifting success story. Even her mask, the symbol of betrayal to her own morals, was a poorly crafted DIY that hung loosely on her face. She didn’t really know why she was here or what compelled her to come or make the damn thing because she was too poor to afford one off the dark web.

All she knew was that her baby was dying and Splinter was the only one with the “cure.” Was this how she justified this? Supporting terrorism for her child’s life? Probably. She didn’t even know if Splinter could, let alone would, do something for her. All she had was the word of a suspicious man who happened to overhear her predicament and the promise that their influence could destroy every cancerous cell in her body.

She hated herself, her weakness, and she gripped her arm so tightly she knew the marks of her nails in her skin would scar. A reminder of how she betrayed herself. But then she reminded herself it was for her baby. Anything was worth it for her baby, so long as they never knew.

When her thoughts began to repeat, mulling over the same conundrum of morality, I pulled my mind away. Of course she hated Splinter – most normals did – but she still needed us so she stayed. There was a quality about her thoughts that continued to cling to me, even as I drifted on to the other normals. I noted her as a possible recruit.

The rest of the room was filled with slight whispers that challenged the dominating silence. Most of the other occupants kept close to themselves, but projected their fears outward just as the woman had. Few of them realized who could be among them or what they could be hearing. They were so open and at ease with the space subconsciously that most did not notice when I pushed against their boundaries.

My attention would linger on a person for a moment or two before moving on to the next, noting the natural order of their energy and how it’d react to my channeled influence so close. Those who could feel it would turn their heads towards me, but their gaze would move on too fast to realize what it was they’d felt. Those were the people I was always after.

A sharp, cold pain stabbed my neck and I flinched as I was forced a half step back. Grey’s stern reprimand echoed in my head, The job is to get the target and go. No one else. Her presence never fully faded, but when her pressure subsided, the chilling pain ceased, leaving only the dull ache of reminder.

I let out a quiet sigh and pulled my focus back to my surroundings.

Silence finally extinguished the last of the whispers as a new man appeared on a slightly raised platform against the furthest wall. His mask was that of a captain, but a minimalistic one. The eyes were opened, but still white like the lips and the rest of the face. Unlike all the other masks in the room, there were no holes in the eyes to see, even though he didn’t wear a hood. This couldn’t be a true member, I knew. No one went rogue; no one left Splinter alive. Which made it that much odder.

When I tried to peer into his mind, a thick wall blocked me out. A wall that did not crumble after a bit of added force. I pursed my lips in frustration. This was why he was our target.

His voice was not muffled by the sealed lips, and his voice did not make a sound, but I heard him as he said, “I am ecstatic to see so many of you have come.” He took a confident step into the platform and flicked his fingers in the air. Behind me, the man from the entrance stepped inside the room and closed a thick, wooden door.

A broad smile crossed his face under his mask. The response was continued silence as the wide eyes of the curious audience fell upon him. Even Grey, who placed herself on the other side of the room, was stilled as she observed the man.

He cleared his throat and began. “We all have a reason to don the mask, some of us out of desperation and others out of pure appreciation. Others like myself. And if you come here with a skeptical mind, I assure, by the night’s end, you too will understand the wonder behind Splinter and its magic.”

I blinked at the sound of the word. “Magic.” It was too unnatural sounding, too whimsical to be a synonym to the influence.

Grey’s reprimand surfaced in my head and my attention focused again. His words had an oddly compelling quality that subtly looped my attention back to his speech. But that wasn’t the point of coming here. I tried again, reaching to curl around the edges of his conscious. But there were no good holds and I couldn’t forcibly claw my way into his stream of thoughts.

“Magic is not inherently evil as the authorities would love to make it out to be, but rather it is twisted and tainted with the horror stories of before. Don’t you wonder what we could do in the after?”

Frustration bristled inside me, coupled with Grey’s presence drifting into me again. The tension in her muscles transferred into me and the agitation swirled in my gut. She had a plan, not a practical plan, but right now, practicality was the least of her concerns. The man continued to speak, unaware of the collecting threats.

Two gunshots rang out.

The man who stood at the door slumped to the ground as red drizzled down his forehead. Another thud sounded as the wooden door was shoved open. Two more gunshots, two more bullets, both ricocheting away from the man on the platform and hitting two other victims in the crowd. Several screams added to the rising panic around me as three normals in DAI uniforms stormed in.

Chapter 1.3 (Hunter)

//editing notes
Spoiler! :
~ to be added ~

[last updated: March 9th, 2017]
Last edited by SpiritedWolfe on Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:33 am, edited 4 times in total.

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:56 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Chapter 1.3 ~ 1,118 words
HUNTER

Each of them had their guns pointed into the room, the woman in the center aiming directly for our target. The calm and control he held over his mind slipped and some emotions of his carefully shielded emotions slipped away. He was frozen, stricken with a new, more intense anxiety. Not that this was helpful information at the moment, now that we had a more pressing issue to deal with.

A second agent adjusted her gun towards the back escape and called out, “Nobody move!” Her arm was steady, fire true, but the slight hesitance in her voice made me doubt she could pull the trigger. Not because she wasn’t a skilled agent, no. Because she, the two accompanying her, and the other three just in the hall knew someone powerful was here. They just couldn’t tell who.

Watch the target, Hunter. Grey's voice resonated in my mind, giving me a command to act on as she ignored the order issued by the woman, instead forcing her way towards the agents. She still held the appearance of the uncomfortable young woman, hardly twenty, wearing the simplest mask one could find in Splinter. It hardly made her threatening.

The last available agent aimed for her chest and said, “Ma’am step back.”

As their attention shifted to her, I began to creep towards our own target, who still stood on the platform. Panicked energy still emanated from him, but he already regained the strict composure over his thoughts, maybe even strengthening it, as if he feared the agents could hear them.

Grey didn’t stop until she stood just inside the stretch of empty space between us and them. The dim light glinted off her mask as she watched them. They could only wait for her next move.

Around me, the other normals stood rigid with terror, only scarcely noticing as I slipped around them. Some pressed themselves against the walls as if they could hide away from situation unfolding around them, finally realizing how futile any escape was at this point. Getting involved in Splinter had never ended well for any normal.

All eyes were on Grey. She held the standoff in her hand, waiting for them to give her a reason to strike. Every single one of the agents knew she who she seemed to be, but they couldn’t know her exact strength. Her real mask was still hidden away behind this conjured woman’s face.

I stood at the foot of the platform, so close that I could hear our target’s shallow breaths. Having finished my objective, I waited for Grey's next move.

One of the agents, the second, adjusted her aim and dared to open her mouth in another attempt to demand Grey stand down. She was instead silenced and shoved a step back as Grey made an annoyed expression behind the mask. The agent pulled the trigger as she stumbled backwards. Those around her followed suit.

It wasn’t often that Grey was enraged, frustrated, or even impatient, but as a total of six bullets barreled towards her, I felt intense hatred and anger surge through her. There was a moment of violent pause as Grey pulled at the strings of reality and stretched the seconds into minutes into hours into what felt like forever. Time coiled in my head and knotted in my chest until the tension was more than I could bear.

She flicked her fingers and reality snapped back into place with enough force to explode the bullets and fire shards of shrapnel back at the agents. All of them dropped dead.

Anything was fair game from that moment on. The target snapped out of his daze and bolted off the platform. I tore after him in the pathway left behind by the normals he shoved out of the way. He didn’t slow as he threw the back door open and escaped up the stairs through it. Grey recovered just as fast and sprinted after him with me.

The building above the cellar was an almost empty warehouse, and our pounding footsteps echoed across the vast open space of room. Our target kept to the left wall, dodging small crates stacked up as he ran towards an off branch in the corner. He moved quickly, but not near fast enough to clear the corner before we caught up. Grey knocked into him, slamming him into the wall.

His mask flew off, skittering across the floor as a loud pop sounded and he crumbled to the floor. He uttered a strangled cry and moved to clutch his shoulder, but Grey reached down and popped a socket back into place before roughly pushing him up the wall again. Ripples of pain tore through his shoulder as he fought to keep a yelp down.

I retrieved the mask and turned it over in my hand. The energy surrounding it was plain and unshaped compared to any of the real mask, but it certainly wasn’t a cheap replica that only a sympathizer would use.

“Where’s Cobalt?” he finally managed through clenched teeth and heavy breaths. His lips twisted into a bitter smile, as he knew full well neither of us were just grunts.

Grey responded in her admin voice, superior and absolute. “Not here.”

He forced chuckle before wincing in pain. “And Blaine?”

“Too busy for this.”

“Grey, then,” he decided.

The face of the woman she was posing as faded away to allow her real mask to shine through, her red star shimmering even in the dimness of the hall. Her familiar features fell back into place underneath. At the same time, she pulled the illusion away from me, returning my mask and its accompanied blue claw marks back to their place. I was Hunter once again.

The barrier around his mind shifted to allow her entrance, but he was careful to keep strength around where I tried to enter. Instead he glared at me. “And who are you?”

“A captain,” she responded for me, “and you’re his subordinate so I suggest you lose the hostility.” The swelling in his shoulder decreased some and his breathing eased. Even as the intimidating captor, she was careful repair what small damage had been done.

“Apologies,” he muttered. “I’m usually more hospitable after a run-in like that.”

She pulled him off the wall and gave him a terse push forward. The introductions were brought to a sharp close as Grey took the lead towards the warehouse’s front exit. Follow up behind so that he stays between us. I don't want him out of your sight. I comply without protest.

Distant noises filled the city streets, the most prominent being the approaching sirens responding to the sudden silence of the first party of agents. We would leave their bodies as they were because we wanted them to be found. It was another statement that we were still here. Splinter was always here.

Chapter 1.4 (Hunter)

//editing notes
Spoiler! :
~ to be added ~

[last updated: March 12th, 2017]
Last edited by SpiritedWolfe on Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:01 am, edited 5 times in total.

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:11 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Chapter 1.4 ~ 1,501 words
HUNTER

The sidewalk was completely empty despite the night still being young. The streets, too, were without any signs of life. As we walked under streetlamps, their lights flashed and flickered out, only reappearing once we had passed six or seven others.

We walked in complete silence for the several blocks. The prisoner fidgeted with his hands, gazing at the ground past them as he marched forward. Occasionally he would glance back at me with his hazel eyes wide as he studied the mask that faced him.

I’d only stare back and continue to usher him forward.

At the end of the road was the entrance to a small harbor. Down just a few miles south was the main boardwalk, which lit up the horizon with a warm yellow glow. No one bothered to venture to this dark, half abandoned collection of planks. Not at this hour.

Grey paused just on the edge of the bank in front of the steps to the dock. The black hood around her head blended into the dimness of the moonless sky, emphasizing the whiteness of her mask above it. Our target was about to open his mouth, but he forcefully closed it again, annoyance overtaking his expression while he glared at Grey.

“You’ll have the chance to explain yourself,” she said, before turning back to gaze at the outer end of the pier. From here, it looked as if the ocean could reach out and swallow the tiny structure by barely lapping against its edge.

After another minute passed, Grey appeared satisfied and grabbed his injured arm to drag him to the pier’s end. I hung back, momentarily unsure if this was something I was involved in. My mission was to attain the target and now that he was in Grey’s care, that the task complete.

I’d like you to witness this too, Hunter. The voice that echoed around my head was dark and smooth, a voice that spoke to the deepest part of my mind. My attention was guided towards the edge of the pier as my body began to step up onto the wooden platform. Grey and our target stopped several feet away from the edge and were both waiting for me.

The closer I got, the easier it was to see the black cape rippling in the backdrop of the night sky, tugged by the lightest sea breezes. Then a stark white mask turned appeared above it as the figure turned to face us, exposing the familiar face of our beloved Leader. The rest of his magnificence faded into view as his golden eyes poured a feeling of warmth into me. He watched me approach, and once I’d come close enough, he turned away from me, and my body froze.

The prisoner sank to his knees under the pressure of Grey’s influence, curling his body over in a makeshift bow. Once she was satisfied, she stepped away from him and took her place beside our Leader.

His lips pursed in a fine line, moving on his mask to match his actions. Then they opened and his voice drifted out. “I cannot say I am disappointed. That would mean I had high expectations for you to begin with.”

The man, still on the ground, flinched inwardly as he moved his chest away from the wood. His energy was laced with fear and pain as he waited in silence. His eyes did not dare venture above our Leader’s feet.

“I did not, however, expect you to be so brash with your freedom.”

More silence followed. The captive did not feel shame as he sat there, simply terrified of what might await him. Then, his head snapped upward so quickly he winced in pain as he gazed into the golden eyes of the mask that spoke to him.

“Show some respect,” Grey hissed.

Our Leader placed an arm out in front of her, softening his tone as he said, “Relax. Eric and I are just having a civil discussion. Right, Eric?”

The man – Eric – nodded along numbly.

Eric? So our target had a name. I found it odd, since only captains and admirals were named, but this man was neither. He wasn’t a part of Splinter. But he couldn’t be a normal either. No normal had the ability to resist one so trained with influence as I. More questions floated around my mind, but slowly their need to be answered died away as our Leader began to speak again.

“Good. I did not believe I was too unreasonable, now or ever before. Did you think so when we organized our deal?”

A pause. “No, Master.”

“Was the deal unclear to you?”

“… No, Master.”

“Then what compelled you to kill two of my finer captains?” Grey bristled behind our Leader.

The images of the two captains flashed in my mind, the sight of the blood dripping down their chests as they lay in a crumbled heap. This was the DAI agent who fired a stream of bullets into their necks? Grey touched my mind and shared her own mix of emotions, before pulling a stoic composure over me again.

“They were going to kill me,” he finally replied. “You—Your deal doesn’t mean anything if I’m dead.”

Our Leader smiled. “Indeed not. Not to me either, so I assure you, you would have been perfectly safe had you followed my initial instructions and stood down the mission altogether. These are the many reasons you listen to your Master.”

Grey crossed her arms over her chest. “And if you were so concerned with your own life, you’d find it easier to survive without stepping to the front lines, without guarding any of those other worthless agents.”

Eric looked down at the ground, before replacing his gaze up at the two interrogators. “I have other responsibilities. I’m still an agent—”

Despite the sudden terseness of his words, our Leader’s tone did not change in intensity. “You are only an agent as long as I say you can be an agent. You are a tool. Simply a tool and if I am not satisfied by your work, you are easy to replace. There are other agents who are perfectly capable of completing your tasks. Hunter, here, is actually looking for a new husk right now.”

Grey’s tone, however, pinched just slightly as she tore into the man. “And if you so much think to use your knowledge of influence against a member of Splinter again, I will personally insure your initiation is the most scarring experience you will never have the grace to forget.”

A flash of silence dared to peek into the space standing between the three of them. Then finally, our Leader spoke for one final time. The golden eyes of his mask began on Eric, but slowly drifted over to me. “Remember that you are a part of Splinter. You are the property of Splinter. You wear the brand of Splinter on every act you make because you not only work for me, but you are owned by me. But I am capable of benevolence and I will spare you this slip. Do not mess up again.”

A gush of relief flooded through the man on the ground, and he was so busy muttering breaths of “thank you”s that he didn’t noticed that our Leader was not addressing him anymore. He stared at me, giving me a pressed half smile just hidden behind his red lips. As an expert in discipline, you have the privilege to punish him how you see fit. Do not hold back; what can be broken can also be fixed.

Disgusted by his sudden uplift, Grey filled in the blanks for the groveling man. “But don’t think your shattered promise won’t go unrestored.”

At that, our Leader nodded his head at me, allowing me to move and address him for the first time tonight. I gave a polite bow of my head with an accompanied, “My pleasure, Sir.” He then swished his cape and brushed past me, his mask slowly fading away until all that was left was the faint ripple of his cape against the night.

My mind then tuned into Eric, who pushed himself into a crouch on his feet. I still gripped his mask and I decided this is how it would start. Its energy was easy to shape and it gave no resistance to the changes I insisted, until finally a dark gray jagged line appeared over the white lips and tore its way down the chin.

Off to the side, Grey stood to spectate. Eric watched her with wide eyes, immobilized by her piercing stare yet unaware of the threat behind him. A crooked smile appeared under my mask as I brandished a short knife. The first step was always hardest, but certainly the most fun: breaking into his head.

I stepped forward and pushed the knife square into his spine.

Chapter 2.1 (Trinity)

[last updated: September 29th, 2018]
Last edited by SpiritedWolfe on Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:08 am, edited 6 times in total.

[she/her]

I am deeply disturbed by your ability to meow.
— Carina