z

Young Writers Society

Harbingers of Revolution: Quarantine (LMS)

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:52 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Here is the central discussion for Harbingers of Revolution: Quarantine, my LMS III novel. Any discussion is welcome and highly appreciated. Any important updates or links I'll post below, for ease of access.

Table of Contents

Blurb Update 1

Spoiler! :
The panic of a historic storm causes a small town to swell with evacuees. As reports spread about a freak outbreak in Atlanta, citizens fear that the same may be happening to them. Ryun Saito discovers that he has been infected with the same virus tormenting Atlanta, giving him immense cell regeneration and the ability to manipulate [element]. The story follows his struggles to survive in a fear-mongering town as hints of military forces invading linger on everyone's mind.

Original blurb

Spoiler! :

The panic of a historic storm causes a small town to swell with evacuees. As reports spread about a freak outbreak in Atlanta, citizens fear that the same may be happening to them. The story follows Ryun Saito as he discovers that he has been "infected" with the same virus tormenting Atlanta and his struggles to survive in a fear-mongering town as hints of military forces invading linger on everyone's mind.

The Characters

The World

The Story

This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:52 am
View Likes
Virgil says...

I'm interested to see what type of virus or 'infection' that this happens to be. I've already been in the universe a little bit seeing from the SBs that you've made over it and kind of explored it there, but how Ryun is effected by this is a little vague. Something that I would have wondered about if I didn't already know about this is how they're infected, because it makes the reader of the pitch assume that it's some sort of medical virus or something of that sort and can easily mislead the readers about the novel, I feel.

Other than that, this'll be exciting to see as a solo project instead of a Storybook and I think that with revision of the pitch in places but if you do want there to be a twist with it being an 'infection', go for it.

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:37 pm
Omni says...

@Nikayla oh I completely didn't realize that! Technically it is a medical virus that puts the regeneration of cells in the body in overdrive, but also has the side effect that gives the powers. Should I put that stuff in the snippet?

sass levels loading

[he/him]

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:28 pm
Virgil says...

I think that something about it would definitely help the pitch/snippet, and yeah, it can still be a medical virus with the side effect of putting the cells in overdrive at the same time.

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:38 am
Omni says...

The panic of a historic storm causes a small town to swell with evacuees. As reports spread about a freak outbreak in Atlanta, citizens fear that the same may be happening to them. Ryun Saito discovers that he has been infected with the same virus tormenting Atlanta, giving him immense cell regeneration and the ability to manipulate [element]. The story follows his struggles to survive in a fear-mongering town as hints of military forces invading linger on everyone's mind.

@Nikayla okay how is that? I haven't quite decided what Ryun will be able to manipulate, so I just put a placeholder in there. Also, what are your thoughts on the rest of the set-up? :D

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:06 pm
Omni says...

The Characters

Ryun Saito

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:22 pm
Omni says...

The World

Okasee

Atlanta

The Envoy

The Powers

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:24 pm
Omni says...

The Story

*Spoilers*

Spoiler! :

Chapter One
1.1 Rough Draft Summary
The story starts upon the looming threat of a super-storm breaching the United States East Cost and hundreds of thousands of citizens fleeing inland. A small tourist town (name is temporary until I can come up with a better one; this town is meant to be fictional in nature) is flooded with evacuees and Ryun Saito, our MC, has to open his house to a family (perhaps two) that's fleeing the Chesapeake Bay. Ryun quickly makes note of Autumn, a pessimistic teenager who doesn't seem to have a filter on her mouth. They try to get accustomed to each other while noting the movement of a large military force setting up shop near the residential district. All the while, the TV is on in the background, keeping the families --and the readers-- updated on the storm. All is normal, given the circumstances.

1.2 Rough Draft Summary (1.2 might have a bit of 1.1 in it, depending on the word count)
Ryun and Autumn try to go into the marketplace for some food and medical supplies, as it's realized that her father lost the case that contained his medicines. The marketplace is in complete chaos with massive lines of evacuees either taking up shop around it or trying to get in to get food. Near riot-levels of panic ensues as the store announces through loudspeaker that their supplies have been depleted and to wait until tomorrow morning for further news. Amongst the news, a water hydrant is knocked over and sprays the two for their efforts of trying to gather rations in the upcoming storm. Autumn seems particularly distracted by the military moving in to corral people to the schoolyards for temporary shelter. Night arrives, and the military --The Envoy, they're called-- has taken control of the city and issues martial law under the city. Autumn is particularly worried about this, but they're distracted by the announcement that the super-storm has made landfall, and watch in solemn silence as military vehicles patrol outside.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:40 am
Omni says...

Table of Contents

Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5

sass levels loading

[he/him]

It takes as much imagination to create debt as to create income.
— Leandro Orr