z

Young Writers Society

Story help? I have writers block

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:04 pm
aly15 says...

There are 4 kid leaders, and a group of kids. Two of the leaders know how to sword fight and I want them to use that. The other two are pretty smart, and there are bunch of kids.One of the leaders used to live there, but when she was a baby so I don t know if that will help. I need a fight, because I have a character that has to die.

I want ideas for how they will get in and how the fight starts and just kind of a plan for them to get in. It should end with them and the ruler/king in a discussion. It would be cool if they ended up captured maybe but the plan can't be over! I don't know, I'm having writers block.Thank you all!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:51 am
Nate says...

Honestly, I think the best cure for writer's block is to just not think about it. Do other activities to distract yourself, letting the sub-conscious mull the idea over. Eventually, you'll figure it out!

But, it sounds to me that you're still developing the plot. If that's the case, try instead to develop character outlines. That is, figure out who / what the characters are, and then find out where they would clash with one another. Also, come up with setting descriptions and the such (for example, make up a history of the town / land where one of the kids was born). Are there mountains? Oceans? Lakes? Etc.

Once you've got a good idea of who the characters are as well as where they are, I think you'll have plenty of ideas for how the fight begins :)

The quote generator! That's a genius idea.
— Necromancer14