z

Young Writers Society

for any of the LGBTQ writers i need your story

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:02 pm
davidgma says...

i have this project i have been dreaming up for the past few months of taking my storys and other lgbt peoples experieces and stories, and what they learned from them and co writing this compendium of advice and life lessons for lgbtq teens. pls message me if you would like to help :) :) :) .

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:10 am
Rosendorn says...

What sort of compensation and rights would be involved?
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:22 am
Nate says...

Hey David! Welcome to YWS :)

Putting together an anthology of stories and advice is a good idea, but it's tough. Generally speaking, people don't want to submit a story to someone else's anthology unless they're getting something in return for it.

If this is something you're really interested in pursuing, what I'd recommend is first posting your own story here on YWS. That's just a small start, but it's a start. Also, explore the site a little bit! You might be interested in Queer Inklings and LGBTQ Pride. As you write and explore, you'll start to develop a good idea of not only how to move forward, but also which people might be able to help you out.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:33 am
Rosendorn says...

Just a note, but Queer Inklings is primarily a safe space for queer people. This means it is primarily a private space for us, and is not simply a source of stories.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:38 am
Nate says...

Rosendorn wrote:Just a note, but Queer Inklings is primarily a safe space for queer people. This means it is primarily a private space for us, and is not simply a source of stories.

@Rosendorn ->> Based on David's post, I assume he is LGBTQ himself, which is why I recommended it. Not as a source of stories, but as a source of friends.

If it wasn't for poetry, I couldn't express myself.
— Rosendorn