z

Young Writers Society

The last of their species, raised on earth.

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:46 pm
Dracula says...

This is a collection of all my ideas for this sci-fi story I thought up while craving food. Please comment with suggestions, point out plot-holes, and ask questions!

---===XX0XX===---

The original idea
Spoiler! :
An alien uses a human as the 'ark' for its species, which, back on its home planet, is being wiped out by an incurable virus. It plants a male and a female in two different women, on opposite sides of the globe. As the children grow, their mothers are faced with many trials and the government searches for them (wanting to do tests, etc). They end up finding each other, and work together to save both their children and the entire alien species. That literally just came to me. Wow.

Prologue
Spoiler! :
It would begin with some alien scientists discussing the incurable plague and strategies to avoid their species being wiped out. All the living aliens have been infected. The alien's planet/lives are similar to earth. Within their fertility centres, there are lots of embryos frozen and sealed in air tight containers- because they're air tight the embryos have not been infected. The scientists decide they'll find a planet similar to their own, and implant the embryos in whatever species inhabits it. The alien children will then be able to live and keep their species alive. They decide on earth.

General discussion
Spoiler! :
Maybe the alien wanted them to become like normal humans, and if they knew there was another like them they would segregate themselves from humans? I dunno. Okay. The women can be neighbours. --- Actually it would be a better story if the male and female were birthed by the same mother and the novel was about the moral problems that the assumed incest proposes. Do we let bro and sis breed or do we let their species die with them???? --- Yeah but would everyone who's judging them (and child services wanting to take them away) actually believe that they're aliens and the last of their kind? The human brain would rationalise and say noooo. In support of different sides of globe: Yes, they might've been separated so that if one was discovered and killed, the other would still be alive.

Another group of aliens, they're actually not the last. And alien communication.
Spoiler! :
I'm thinking they're actually not the last two, that's only what the reader is led to believe because that's what the POV character believes. A whole new colony of babies was implanted into earthlings and some of them live together in a little town in the desert. Maybe the two (or one is the male dies which I'm considering) could get there in the end and that's the happy ending. --- They can communicate with radio waves and some nice scientists help them send the waves into the universe to maybe make contact with any of their species that might have escaped the incurable plague. Instead, they make contact with aliens on earth, who live in that desert town I mentioned above.

A creepy priest and conspiracy theorists.
Spoiler! :
A creepy priest thinks they're not aliens, just possessed by demons. He's constantly trying to perform an exorcism. One day he gets too close and the aliens lose control over their powers and kill him. This complicates things even further with the law. --- A group of basement-living, jobless conspiracy-theory nerds end up helping the aliens at some point.

What they look like
Spoiler! :
The aliens don't actually look that much like humans but they had sciency stuff done to them so that for the first three years they would look 100% like human babies. This was done so that the mothers would still form bonds with them and later on do anything to ensure their safety, even die if necessary (which they probably will). As they get older, the illusion starts to wear away and they look more and more like proper aliens.
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:44 am
MrMuddyPig says...

Lol. This Is like a nice combination of Fallout 4(Nuclear Bombs,people get frozen, 260 years later, one of them wakes up and has to look for his son.) And the Rio Films(A blue parrot, the last of his kind looks to see if he really is the only one left, he later finds another parrot and they get married, in Rio 2, they find a whole colony of blue parrots.)

Anyway, I think it will be best if the aliens had some gadget which makes them change from human to alien and vice versa; that would be much cooler.

Anyway, It's almost feels like it could be your best idea yet.
Bye and keep writing with you're great mind!

~MrMuddyPig

If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
— Woodrow Wilson