z

Young Writers Society

Beta Reader

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:37 pm
Soulfulwriter says...

Hello, I am looking for a beta reader for my Dark like Me story. Over time, I have had a few beta readers, but they would give up on me for some reason or another. I had one that wasn't consistent or persistent. I don't know if it's because I am picky or what.

With that being said, I would like someone that is persistent and consistent. Google docs is a plus, or something that I can go back to and make corrections from.

The Summary: Sirrah Winters is sixteen years old, old enough to know that she is different from her siblings with her dark skin. She is old enough to understand what the strangers on the streets are whispering. Old enough to know the meaning behind her "friend's" teasing. Maybe that's why she begins sheltering herself, becoming more and more introverted. She knows what people think when they see that her siblings are a different color than her.

Message me if you are interested. Thank you.
There is no right way to write 8)

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:00 am
Carlito says...

Genre and word count?
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

57 Reviews

Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:38 pm
Soulfulwriter says...

Carlito wrote:Genre and word count?

The Genre is Teen Fiction and the word count....it varies because I am still trying to make corrections. Last time, I checked it was about....33,374.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:29 am
Carlito says...

What's your time frame? I might be able to beta for you but I have a couple of other manuscripts I'm reading for some people as well so I'm not sure how long it would take me to finish.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

57 Reviews

Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:26 pm
Soulfulwriter says...

Carlito wrote:What's your time frame? I might be able to beta for you but I have a couple of other manuscripts I'm reading for some people as well so I'm not sure how long it would take me to finish.

I don't really have a time frame. Just Chapter by chapter...Hmm. Like you can do 1 chapter a week or a day or whatever. I am not making sense. Alright, 1 chapter every few days, that way it gives me time to go in and change whatever needs to be changed or looked over.

Always do what you are afraid to do.
— E. Lockhart, We Were Liars