z

Young Writers Society

Short story about a hospitle

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:55 am
queenofscience says...

Hi.

So, i'm writing a short story about a hospitle that treats 'unuseal or odd' medical conditions. ( medical conditions along the line of fantastical elaments.)

( Yes, this is an idea that I could transfer later on into a noval.) I LOVE MY IDEA!!!!!

Because the patients in the hospital have such unusual and odd medical conditions scientists figured that they can study these peoples conditions and help benefit medical science. So I have some characters who are transferred to a lab to be studied....

Anyways, this is the only basic plot outline that I can think of. Anyways, I was wondering if there was other plot lines out there that I could try that may not sound so stereotypical.

I know that there are bad things going on in this hospital, but what?

What are some problems that can go on in a hospital that maybe interfere with the legal system or have legal ramifications? Or anything else that can go wrong in a hospital?

I want my plot line to deal with these patients and their odd medical conditions.

Okay, out of all honesty , I wrote about myself and my mom and my brother into the story. This is the first time that I've ever done that. Typically when I write I don't do that. Anyway I got imspired because my mom went in for a mammogram. (everything is okay now.) In my story my mom is being treated at St. Rita's hospitle. In the story my mom's body is making its own food and also her body is healing itself. One of the doctors, Dr. Mann, want to study her and find out how her body is healing itself. My mom gets transferred to a lab.

Me along with a group of other teenagers and young adults go rescue my mom and other patients that from this lab....
I am the science and science fiction guru.

The mind is beautiful, yet brilliant. You can think, create, and imagine so many things.

Eugenics= scientific racism.

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:04 am
View Likes
Tenyo says...

Hey queenie =]

Quick note; Hospitle is spelled Hospital.

This sounds like a really fun idea! I especially like the part with the fantasy ailments, it makes for some really interesting combinations. It's also awesome that you like it so much, that's really important in writing so that you can work harder on it without burning out.

Have you tried doing a 10List for this yet? It's where you write the numbers 1-10 on a page (or 1-15 if you're feeling brave) and then you have to fill it with ideas. They can be as weird or silly as you want. Sometimes really cool things come out of it.

Other than that, using your own life and experience in a novel is really good because it means you already have a lot of the research and emotion you need. Maybe the bad thing that is happening in the hospital could be something similar. You could take something you're scared of and twist it with a fantasy element. Or maybe something that you don't like about the world that you can go and fight against in this novel.

As for the legal ramifications, if this is a fantasy world you can create whatever law you like around it. Maybe think about what kind of laws exist to protect or persecute ill people, basic human rights of how people in medical institutions can be treated, and the limits of experimental science and whether consent to perform procedures is necessary.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
We were born to be amazing.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:03 pm
queenofscience says...

Well, it's not in a 'fanasry world'. It's in the 'real world.' So, it's just a hospitle that treats unuseal conditions.
I am the science and science fiction guru.

The mind is beautiful, yet brilliant. You can think, create, and imagine so many things.

Eugenics= scientific racism.

Spend your days thinking about things that are good and true and beautiful and noble, and you will become good and true and beautiful and noble.
— Matthew Kelly