z

Young Writers Society

Pieces of a Whole

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:30 pm
Sassafras says...

Welp, it's come to my attention that chronological writing is not for me *shrugs*. Instead of getting upset about it and feeling discouraged, because I'm writing scenes from both the beginning and the end of the book - and even some scenes in what could be a prequel and a sequel -, I'm just gonna do it all and dump it here! ^^

So welcome to Pieces of a Whole, where you get to see the madness that is my novel in semi-entirety. Hope you enjoy!

And, please, tell me what you like and don't like about the sections. I understand that you won't always know why things or happening or when but I will write a small synopsis before each entry. Thank you ^^
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:43 pm
Sassafras says...

Synopsis:
Spoiler! :
In this scene, Baird is finally going through his transformation into a godly figure or "Angel" to make things simpler. Innusha and Misha have already transformed long ago during a point when the trio were separated. The "She" they speak of in the end is their God, Ahndora. Innya's powers are that of healing and become ethereal - able to pass into the spirit plane.

“I know what it feels like… giving into something you don’t understand.”

Misha marveled at the way Innya’s voice carried in the small cave, registering clearly over Baird’s anguished screams of terror. He too had been there before, and knew the fear in witnessing your own self come apart and reshape. Those moments of renascence had more impact than the sheer agony of transformation. Yes, he bore his scars like Baird soon would, but his own resurrection visited him nightly in restless fits of sleep, while his wounds were healed and forgotten.

Sympathy softened Misha’s battlefield features as he watched Innya stroke the sweat soaked hair on Baird’s head, remove the boy's rapidly sharpening nails from the depths of his rippling skin, and coo, like a mother to her child, promises of resurgence.

“Stop fighting it, Baird. There is no point to your struggle. She will win.”

Innya smiled, her eyes full of compassion and a joy that calmed even Misha from dark memories that threatened to rise – he was seeing himself writhing on a forest floor, no friend to hush his screams, just the dark and the star exploding within.

“There is nothing to be afraid of. In fact, after this, you will be the one to fear.”

At that, she laughed, loud and hard. Misha joined in with chuckles of his own. Baird continued to scream and cry as transformation tore at his face in a pattern that would soon become evident. He was trying to dig way to his convulsing brain, in hopes of stopping the madness that was born there, but scraped only skull and bone. Innya grabbed his arms and pinned them to his sides. She was straddled on his hips as he lay on his back, her small body bouncing up and down as he bucked beneath her. It would have been erotic if not for the blood and that which came with it. Innya leaned down and placed a kiss to the exposed part of Baird's skull, and as she lifted away a shimmering mist lingered on the wounds. At this, Misha frowned tightly.

“You are not supposed to soothe him, Innusha.”

“I cannot bear to see him this way...”

Her hands raised to cradle Baird’s head, and from those same hands came more of that mist – particles of herself – until Baird’s face was covered and his screams became muffled under the blanket of that essence.

“She will not be happy with this,” Misha chided. “The pain is part of the growing. You know this to be true. How else will he learn to endure?”

“I am sure She will forgive. Besides, if I were there when you transformed I’d do the same. You know I love my boys…”
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

Follow your passion. Stay true to yourself. Never follow someone else's path unless you're in the woods and you're lost and you see a path. By all means, you should follow that.
— Ellen DeGeneres