Young Writers Society

Need help with edit/review this piece of worldbuilding

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Mon May 23, 2016 9:26 pm
View Likes
Zackymas says...

Ello hello there :)
So I love world-building, that's no secret. The thing is that for like two years, I was in this forum RP, and we pretty much made the world. So there I had this character I spent those two years developing and revamping to make him the best character he could be (No, not the most powerful or good).

Now I'm out of that RP but that character (named Okami) is still stuck deep in my hear, not only that, I also love the lore I made for him. So, I decided to create a world/universe (However you want to call it) in which his existence is actually possible, but not in a way of a special snowflake; more like he could be anyone lucky/brave enough to do what he did.

So this is what I have so far, and what I'd like is someone to help me review this universe I'm writing. The cliches, the tropes, any sort of contradictions, etc.

Disclaimer: This project is not finished, I have not dwelt into the characters and deities yet (I do have an idea of who/what they are and what do they do). I'd be more than glad to answer any questions regarding said elements (And yes, I do accept suggestions and constructive criticism). I haven't written a magic system either. This is just the very basics of the world/universe.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/137i ... sp=sharing

Thanks in advance :)

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:49 pm
eldEr says...

Ahoy! I figured that, as a fellow worldbuilder, I'd come check this out.

You have so much room for so much amazing history and mythology, and I think that it would be really interesting to see that unfold. I'm big on setting timelines for almost every individual race/location/people group, and I eat that stuff up in others' worldbuilding. A huge, huge focus, for me, that I take on before I even worry about the present day races, is the history that created them. To build a world that feels real, a solid history is an absolute must (at least, that's why Tolkien's worlds all felt so real you could almost feel the wind that Sam and Frodo felt on their faces while you're reading the books).

I'd definitely delve into that as you explore your races. Figure out where they all came from, how they evolved, how they relate to each other now and how that's shifted over the years. Explore past rulers and laws and the way their cultures changed and influenced each other. Really get into it.

Your concepts are super cool though, and I hope you post another update soon :P
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
— Abraham Heschel