z

Young Writers Society

Need Beta Readers

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Wed May 18, 2016 12:54 am
ANADIR says...

Hello everyone! It's been quite a while since I've been on YWS. I've been very busy with finals, school clubs, and other distractions. Over the course of this last year, I have been working on my book, A War With no End. I really want to make this one as good as I can possibly make it. I have some friends in school who are reading it, but it's been at least two months and they haven't gotten back to me at all, so I decided I would come ask you guys for help. So in the basic summary:
1) The book is ~240 pages long
2) I would LIKE it done by the end of May. I know lots of people have exams and the like, so please don't feel rushed.
3) I want honest reviews. No saying 'oh, great book' while ignoring some plot hole simply because I know you/we know each other from YWS.
4) While I want honest information, I do not want 'meh. It is bad.' And then no explanation to what I can fix.
5) I understand there are some grammatical errors, and if you do come across one, please point it out. As I'm sure many of you know, reading over your own work to find errors is hard to do since your brain fills in the information automatically.

Thank you all so much in advance! The book is a YA Fantasy novel with a little Sci Fi. If you would like to assist me by Beta reading, please send me a PM so I can send you the book via Google docs or Microsoft Word. Have a great day, and God Bless.
Is it not human nature to want what we cannot have, and yet manage to overlook the blessings piled upon us?

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:26 pm
Kale says...

Are you still looking for betas for this?
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

89 Reviews

Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:06 pm
ANADIR says...

Yep, if you are interested I'll gladly invite you. There is a Google docs I can invite you to if you pm me an email I can invite with.
Is it not human nature to want what we cannot have, and yet manage to overlook the blessings piled upon us?

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:44 pm
Kale says...

Before I commit to anything, I do have a few questions.

What's the length wordcount-wise? Page length can vary a lot based on formatting, so wordcount is a bit more accurate a metric.

How in-depth do you want the feedback? Are you looking for more general comments about the story/each chapter overall, or are you looking more for line-by-line?
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

89 Reviews

Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:41 am
ANADIR says...

The wordcount is approximately 50,000 words. And the feedback can be anywhere from each chapter to line by line. I know for a fact that I have issues in tense and some grammatical errors that i'm going over, but I've missed some of them. But to be honest, any input is greatly appreciated.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:29 am
Rubric says...

This sounds like a very interesting prospect. I'd be happy to take part.

I think I'd need to do at least one full read-through before I settle on the kind of feedback I'd like to provide.

Congrats on getting to this stage!
So you're going to kill a god. Sure. But what happens next?

Diary of a Deicide, Part One.

Got YWS?

89 Reviews

Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:38 am
ANADIR says...

Awesome! I really appreciate your help. Do you have an email I can share the Google Docs with? And if you see any grammatical/ other issues along the way please highlight them. I know I've missed a few :P

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:31 am
Rubric says...

Will PM.
So you're going to kill a god. Sure. But what happens next?

Diary of a Deicide, Part One.

Got YWS?

I just want to be the side character in a book that basically steals the whole series.
— avianwings47