z

Young Writers Society

Shadows of Astrid a (possible) new series idea.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:15 pm
UntamedHeart173 says...

Hey guys,

I have an idea for a new novel and I wanted to run it by you guys to see if it's any good. I really like this idea and want to write it but so far everyone things it's a boring or useless idea. The plot I have so far is:

"Astrid and Acacia are twins. In the beginning of the book, they find out that they have different destinies. Their father is Wyatt Blake and their mother is Isabella Blake. Wyatt is a Son of Hades, a man who worships and follows the God of the Underworld. But Wyatt is not just a Son of Hades. He’s the firstborn, Hades’ favorite Son. Their mother is a Daughter of Isis. Like their father, their mother is the firstborn. Isabella has spent years gaining Isis’ favor. At eighteen years old, Astrid and Acacia are told that their lives are about to change forever. Acacia has been claimed by the Daughters of Isis and will spend the rest of her life training under the Goddess herself. Astrid, however, is the first girl in over a thousand years to be claimed by Hades. Traveling to the Isle of Hades, a hidden island where the God has made his home, Astrid has no idea what is in store for her. Upon meeting Hades, Astrid finds that the God is nothing like she thought he would be. Far from the cruel, hate-filled being of legends, Hades is a kind but broken soul and it isn’t long before they find themselves falling in love. But when Hades’ island is attacked by the Gaulish Pantheon, the Egyptian and Greek Pantheons must band together to fight this new war."

What do you guys think?

Colly
Dean: Of course, the most troubling question is why do these people assume we're gay?

Sam: Well, you are kind of butch. They probably think you're overcompensating.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:39 am
queenofscience says...

I think if you want to write it. Than write it. In a scince who cares what other people thinks.
I am the science and science fiction guru.

The mind is beautiful, yet brilliant. You can think, create, and imagine so many things.

Eugenics= scientific racism.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:42 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Ideas by themselves aren't much to go on, actually.
Mythology mixed with real life, powerful and separated twins, allegedly-dark-but-really-a-troubled-kind-soul character as a love interest, a war that has to bring foes together to find the Bigger Bad. Has it been done before? Yes, it has, many times.

The trick isn't to come up with an extremely original and exciting idea -- in fact, that's very hard (arguably impossible, but I won't go as far as to claim that myself). What matters, and separates your story from all the others, is the execution.
What are your characters like? What separates your idea from all the other ideas that are based on same or similar things? What are the plot twists, choices, quirks, emotions, that you put in there? Those are the things that will make your novel stand out against all the others with similar premise(s). Those are the things that will make people want to read it, agents want to represent it, readers want to buy it, and - maybe most importantly - the things that will make people remember it.

There's no such thing as a useless idea. But it's on you to decide how to use it.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

"What is a poet? An unhappy person who hides deep anguish in his heart, but whose lips are so formed that when the sigh and cry pass through them, it sounds like lovely music."
— Søren Kierkegaard, Philosopher & Theologian