35%

Total votes : 20

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:39 am
View Likes
Charm says...

Hey!

I was wondering if you could all help me decide on a book cover by voting on which ever one you like the most. These book covers are for my NaPoWriMo ( late night poetry from my trusty notebook ). I wanted to create a book cover to inspire me and to use for Wattpad :)

I'd really appreciate the help and I'd love to hear what you think of them.

Thank you,
Alice ♥
Attachments
rsz_late_night_1.jpg
rsz_late_night_2.jpg
rsz_late_night.jpg

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:27 am
Storygirl95 says...

The second one! It just seems so lovely and nonchalant, like it doesn't care that it's being written late into the morning. I love that you can see the edges of dawn coming in, a sure sign of a writer lost in their work.i also love that the covers are a bit disheveled and the notebook almost looks pleased with itself. The background, the objects, I don't know. It just all looks so perfect to convey the sense of writing.
And the text on the top pops out as opposed to the other two, I like that. ^_^
Whoops, just realized it's a poll and not a comment haha. Well, I'll do both then. :P
Johnny was a chemist's son but Johnny is no more, for what Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4. :wink:

284 Reviews

Reviews: 284
Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:48 am
View Likes
RubyRed says...

Third one. :3
You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote

Review link below!
Ruby's Reviews

Knight of the Green Room

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:25 am
Werthan says...

The third one.
Und so lang du das nicht hast
Dieses: Stirb und Werde!
Bist du nur ein trüber Gast
Auf der dunklen Erde

(And as long as you don't have
This: Die and become!
You are only a gloomy guest
On the dark Earth)

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:49 pm
crossroads says...

+1 for second one.

The third one lacks some contrast to grab me enough. Especially if you imagine it as a small thumbnail (granted, I don't know how big they appear on Wattpad, so it might not matter to you), it just turns into a gray blur with a few shades and the text over it.

The first one is better in that regard, but the folds of the sheet and all the different elements would make the title harder to read if the picture gets smaller.

I was just wondering, where did you get the pictures from? If you're not intending to use these covers for commercial purposes, it's not as much of an issue, but I'd still refrain from using any copyrighted images without the author's consent. Not saying that you did it -- they might be stock photos or paid for, as far as I know -- but it's something to think about, especially if you someday wish to publish your works and keep making your own covers.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:07 pm
Lightsong says...

The second one. It has colours, which makes it livelier than the rest. It still has that casual feeling to it like the rest, but I think the typography can be improved. It doesn't blend well with the background.
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

Just think happy thoughts and you'll fly.
— Peter Pan