19%
Sebastian
38%

Total votes : 21

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:19 am
Charm says...

Hey! So I'm writing this novel, Mad as a Hatter: Chapter I and I'm introducing this important character soon. I really love running polls and seeing what people think about my character names. Please don't try to make this a bigger deal than it is :P. Can you vote on which first name is the best? I know for a fact that all these names are for the Victorian era which is when my novel's story takes place. The character is of noble birth and his surnames is irrelevant. I just need to pick his first name :D

Thanks for reading this and thanks for voting,
Alice ♥

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:24 am
View Likes
seeminglymeaningless says...

Feodore spelled that way makes me think of fedora.

I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

277 Reviews

Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:27 am
Charm says...

@seeminglymeaningless Okay. Thanks for the feedback.

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:46 am
Eros says...

I think, Feodore would be suitable. Because it sounds little from Victorian era. Cecil means Blind, so, I thought it wan't be much suitable. Left is Sebestian. It sounds from the 21st century, too modern.

Anyways, let me know when you post next.
:) Best luck!

277 Reviews

Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:10 am
Charm says...

I've been leaning towards Cecil for this character. I find it's a very attractive name :)

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:25 am
View Likes
Evander says...

Hey, Alice!

Personally, I like Sebastian as a name. :P

Anyway, for questions like these, it might be easier to consolidate every name idea into one thread instead of creating a new one every time. I've noticed that you tend to create a new one for each character that needs a name, when it might be easier to just have one xD

Name Central might be beneficial too!
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

277 Reviews

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:13 am
Werthan says...

I like Sebastian the best because of Johann Sebastian Bach. My second choice would be Feodore. Arthur and Cecil are both not super sophisticated sounding to me if that's what you're going for.
Und so lang du das nicht hast
Dieses: Stirb und Werde!
Bist du nur ein trüber Gast
Auf der dunklen Erde

(And as long as you don't have
This: Die and become!
You are only a gloomy guest
On the dark Earth)

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

277 Reviews

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:31 pm
View Likes
Charm says...

I've decided to go with Cecil because after outlining the character and all, it just really seems to fit. Thanks for the help everyone :)

I have lived through much, and now I think I have found what is needed for happiness. A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good... then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor - such is my idea of happiness.
— Leo Tolstoy