No votes

Total votes : 9

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:03 am
View Likes
Charm says...

Hey!
Thanks for coming here and helping me pick a name.

This is what I know so far about my character:

He is sixteen. He likes cats and his favorite color is green. His great aunt is Irish. He is supportive and sarcastic. He isn't very nice until you get to know him (he is this way with most people). He is introverted. He is tall, attractive and lean. He tends to not care/pay any attention to people. He likes the outdoors but doesn't like sports, except swimming. He used to swim until he got injured, then he gave up on the sport.

Also some of these names seem a little odd that because I like odd names xD
Last edited by Charm on Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:11 am
BookWolf says...

I voted Benjamin, but I think Owen could work too. Actually, most of these are good, but just don't use Sherlock. That name does not fit the description at all. xD
"They're taking the Hobbits to Isengard! To Isengard, to Isengard!"

277 Reviews

Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:15 pm
Charm says...

Okay thanks xD I put Sherlock there because I wanted an even number of names xD

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:37 pm
Holysocks says...

Personally I'd go with Noah or Casper out of this list. But you really might want to think about it more yourself (obviously you have somewhat); names put a lot more on a character than you may think. I actually feel like a name makes the character a person- finished for viewing. Of course your character is never "complete".

For instance, if you name him "Casper" chances are he'll lean a bit more to the "stick to himself" "mysterious" area- from the outside (I'm not good at explaining these things). If you name him Noah I feel he'll have a bit more of a light hearted feel to him. Now if you name him "Finegan" that's right there is a recipe for a goofball. :P. I'm not saying name your characters to match their personalities, really, because then you end up with villains with scary names and that's rather ridiculous. All I'm saying is remember that a name can shape a character- or finish shaping them. But feel free to disregard this. :P
100% autistic

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:40 pm
Vervain says...

A couple of questions that might help you answer this yourself!

What are his parents like?
Let's be honest, unless you pick your own name, your parents named you. (And most kids would probably pick something along the lines of FIRETRUCK JONES or Princess Sparkly Diamond.) If your parents are old-fashioned, or new-fangled, or New Age types, or anything like that, it tends to reflect in your name.

For example, my parents are very family-history-oriented, so I was named after the place my great-grandparents met. If I hadn't been named that, I would have been named after two of my great-grandparents.

Where does he live?
Another big thing! If your character lives in a specific region, obviously, his name is going to be a little different than if he lived somewhere else. That's also likely to determine what his parents are like—living in a big city, living in the countryside, that can reveal a lot about people.

Basically, your character shouldn't have a real 'say' in what his name is unless he decides to go by his middle name or a nickname, or picks his own name to go by. It's his parents you've really got to worry about.
stay off the faerie paths

277 Reviews

Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:29 pm
Charm says...

I've chosen Nathan in the end. Thanks for voting guys :D

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:36 pm
Mageheart says...

Oops, didn't see that you already chose a name. Well, Nathan was my second choice! (I picked Asher because it sounded neat.)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

In the winter months, snowstorms and rainfall in the Patagonian Ice Fields can drastically affect the landscape. Worsened by heavy winds, such storms can reduce visibility and lead to glacial calving, ice collapses, and avalanches. During these conditions, travel is not advised.
— The Documentarian