z

Young Writers Society

Do you know any useful books for teen writers?

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:31 am
Zenobia218 says...

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum and really excited about getting some support for my writing. Do you guys know any good books about writing specifically for teens? The only one that I have really useful is 'Writing Advice for Teens' by Richard Morris (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C372H4Y)

Do you guys know any others?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:53 pm
View Likes
birk says...

I really doubt there's a substancial difference in writing tips, whether you are a teen or not. If fact, I find it sort of add that this guy has written such a book specifically only for teens.

And how long are you going to be a teen? Are the writing tips in this book not going to help you much later on? I'm sure they are, and then to that end; why not read a bigger, more acclaimed book on writing?

We actually have a thread for books on writing:
Books on writing

Lots of good suggestions in that thread. I'd personally recommend Stephen King's 'On Writing', because rather than dealing with all the technicals, he talks a lot about what /makes/ him write. And how he does it.
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.
— Brené Brown