z

Young Writers Society

Things I've Noticed Since Becoming a Writer

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:04 am
View Likes
Charm says...

Ever since I started writing seriously, I've noticed new things in my life. Annoyances, weird habits, obsessions, etc.

So here is the list of things that I've noticed in my life since becoming a writer:

Thing Number 1: Music
I've always loved music. I absolutely adore it. But as soon as I started writing more and more, I've noticed that I have come to appreciate good lyrics when I hear them. I've started to love music more and it's something that makes me really happy.

Thing Number 2: I've Become An Owl
Okay so I've always been an early riser. I'm talking six am every morning. But I write best at night, like most writers, so I've become nocturnal. I'm mean, waking up in the late morning/afternoon and going to bed when my dad gets up.

Thing Number 3: Tea
I love tea. I've always loved tea. My friends call my a tea connoisseur but I'm really not, hahaha. But it's become a habit to drink like five cups a tea everyday! five! Seriously I'm practically made of tea!

Thing Number 4: Grammar
I'm not a grammar nazi. I've always been bad with grammar. But I've become more and more annoyed with little things like:
-Ok instead of okay (even in people's poems and novels! Come on people!)
-And others that I can't think of, hahaha.

Thing Number 5: Writer Friends
Since I've started writing seriously, I've become more and more obsessed with having writer friends. I value all my writer friend above all (which can be sad for my non-writer friends). Most of my non-writer friends have become writers, hahaha.

Thing Number 6: The World
The world is a beautiful place and since I've started to write poetry, descriptions, and imagery, I've noticed it more. I can look at a anything and see the time and beauty in it. My new obsession is looking at trees and studying the way they look.

Thing Number 7: Thoughts
I daydream a ton. I've always been stuck in my mind. I've noticed that my thoughts have become third person and first person narrative stories. Examples:
*This is all happening in my head*
Rachel opens the door with a cloud on her heart. School is prison minus the decent food.
and
It was in that moment that I've noticed how much I wanted to kick him where the sun doesn't shine...

Thing Number 8: Starving
There will be times in my day where I'm like:
"Wow! I feel like death!" *analyzes day*
"It must be the fact that it's four in the afternoon and I haven't eaten a thing all day."
Then I will go downstairs and tear apart the kitchen while my mother screams at me.

Anyway! Those are eight things that I've noticed (so far). I'd love to hear if anyone relates to any of these.

We are not to simply bandage the wounds of victims beneath the wheels of injustice, we are to drive a spoke into the wheel itself.
— Dietrich Bonhoeffer