z

Young Writers Society

Which Novel Idea Should I Stick With?

Which of Snazzy's Novel Ideas Should Continue?

Untitled
No votes
The Note Chronicles: Forte
50%
Fortissimo
17%
Assignment 8
33%

Total votes : 6

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:21 am
Snazzy says...

So I'm trying to figure out which of my many novel ideas to actually stick with and go on with. I'll need lots of reviewers and support, and I know YWS is the absolute best place for that. :)

Here's a short description of each:

Spoiler! :
Name: Untitled (clever, I know)
Genre: Science Fiction
Short Description: After an experiment tested on a young girl goes horribly wrong, a contagious, mechanical, flesh eating/replacing disease takes over her body, the world goes into chaos. Adults are targeted, and the only ones that can save them are the few children left on the planet.
Other Notes: This is my newest idea, and will probably become altered about a bazillion times. (Also, I think it sounds too much like the "books out there today"... I don't want it to be just another one of those books that is just the same as the last, if that makes any sense.) Here's a link - Untitled: Prologue

Spoiler! :
Name: The Note Chronicles: Forte
Genre: Fantasy
Short Description: (very informal) So there are people with certain "Musical abilities", who are wanted by this power-hungry madman so he can use them for his own wicked purposes, and the whole thing is like a chase, then there's some rebellion and fighting, and then backstabbing and food-eating. Or something. xD
Other Notes: This is mainly just my craze over music. (Not yet posted on YWS)

Spoiler! :
Name: Fortissimo
Genre: Realistic Teen Fiction
Short Description: A girl named Alexandra moves into a new town, plays trumpet, bla-blah, is really quiet, etc. She gets bullied on the bus, and at first, it's not a big deal. Then it starts getting physically violent, and well, other things happen. She has to make a choice whether to stay quiet and shy behind the scenes, or to speak up and get loud. (Fortissimo)
Other Notes: I've gotten up to chapter 14 with NaNoWriMo. :) you all are going to hate me for what I did to Mason Fortissimo: Chapter One (part one)

Spoiler! :
Name: Assignment 8 (formerly the test)
Genre: Fantasy
Short Description: Rainey gets to go on a certain mission to deliver an important object to an important person. :) She gets help along the way, and is backed up by her friends from the academy; Amadeus and Indigo. BUT, the mission has a much deeper purpose than she realized at first...
Other Notes: Even the first part of the first chapter is under serious construction still: Chapter One: A Message (part one)
Disciple of Christ • Coffee Addict • Poetry Consumer

Formerly SnazzyPencil

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:37 am
View Likes
Stori says...

You should stick with whichever story excites you the most. If you don't love it, your readers won't.

475 Reviews

Reviews: 475
Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:39 am
View Likes
Apricity says...

Hey Snazzy, I'll give you my two pence. At the moment, all the ideas you've described sounds like run of the mill ideas for each genre but the thing with most plots they all sound like that until you start writing and make it your own. I can't decide because there isn't any in-depth description. The best advice I can give you is go with the one you're most interested in at the moment. If you're equally interested in ALL of them, then go ahead and write a few chapters of each that is usually the best way to test these things out. Chapter ones are all exciting, but what about the future of these novels? Which one have you planned out the most? Which one do you hold the closest to your heart?

Best of luck!
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:19 pm
View Likes
Lightsong says...

Pick the one you most comfortable. That way, it'd be easy for you to plan its beginning, middle, and ending. Have these three roughly sketched, and start writing. If you feel it doesn't work, apply to the other ideas. After all have been done, decide which one you think you can work on till the end, the one that when you read, even you want to know what happens next.
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:58 am
View Likes
Lavvie says...

What novel ideas! (I couldn't resist.)

Echoing @Hiraeth's advice, I think you would do well to flesh these out a bit more. In the process, you may come across something else that is more inspiring and more interesting for you to write. Generally, if you're having to choose between ideas, you're probably not terribly attached or drawn to any particular one. In order to successfully write, you need to be unconditionally committed to it. Don't force anything; it should come naturally and with relative ease.

Good luck and have fun!

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:38 am
View Likes
birk says...

As with both Hiraeth and Lavvie, I'd agree that you should just pick one and write. Just have fun. The more you write, and the more you read, your personality within literature is going to advance and take even more shape.

At one point you'll find a story you can't stop thinking about writing, and then you're set. You don't need anyone's opinions then, because your mind can't stop coming up with more and more idea you want to see in this story.

(And your links do not work ;))
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

she slept with wolves without fear, for the wolves knew there was a lion among them.
— r.m. drake